JZX110 Verossa V25

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Iainous

JZX110 Verossa V25

Post by Iainous »

Just picked up a 2001 Verossa, plans are to do a 1jz-gte vvti and R154 conversion, lower it on some decent 18s and hopefully get a vertex kit to enhance the Verossa's stunning good looks :D

Will roll it as is until I have collected all required parts for the conversion.

murdoko

Re: JZX110 Verossa V25

Post by murdoko »

Welcome to the forums! Whereabouts are you in NZ?

Verossa is the ugly duckling of the series. Once done up, it'll look sick kinda like Peter's VR25. :mrgreen:

Do you know how much roughly it'll cost you to convert that to 1jzgte and R154 properly? :shock:

(I guess it'll still be cheaper than buying a proper VR25) ;)

Iainous

Post by Iainous »

I'm in New Plymouth. Yeah I have a pretty good idea of what it will cost to do the conversion, my last jz powered vehicle was an R32 skyline that I put vvti 1j and r154 in, verossa will involve less work than that did. Looking to keep it pretty simple so will just do the basic mods (front mount, mild exhaust as I don't want it too loud). I have a huge garage with two post hoist so will carry out nearly all the work myself, only thing I will get a hand with is the wiring, guessing I will end up with a jzx100 engine, not sure if the wiring will be the same as a 110? I've been told I need altezza brake and clutch pedal? Haven't looked under the car yet but assume the NA has a smaller diff than the turbo model.

My skyline went through several different Nissan engine combos including an sr20 with apexi turbo power fc etc but none came close to the 1j which made 230rwkw, was such a good package.

I have always liked the verossa for some strange reason and much prefer it to the Mark 2 variant. Plus it was dirt cheap which makes the conversion financially viable as I should be able to do it for what it would cost me to buy a mark 2 irv auto except the verossa will be manual.....

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Two hoists! maybe i should drive down there when I wanna get stuff done! haha

Yes, Altezza clutch and brake pedals fit. They're slightly different to the proper JZX110 ones but they've the same shape.

On a side note, everything Altezza suspension and chassis-wise will also fit, like coilovers, chassis braces, etc. Also, you can still order new parts from Japan, even the interior bits, to make it look legit.

Wiring will not be the same. The jzx100 has a 16-pin (or 17-pin) ECU and the JZX110 has 1 more. (please correct me if I'm wrong as I was looking at aftermarket ECUs and I cant use the JZX100 ones)

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

Cool man, I'm excited to see the result on this weapon. I'll keep an eye out for it around town!

Iainous

Post by Iainous »

1 x two post hoist haha

Pic of my old r32 below, got some engine ones floating around somewhere.

im_oli, I have met you once before when a friend test drove the 110 of yours, the 100 looks good on emotions BTW, way better than the old rims.

Definitely want the correct interior parts, need to do it right as its my daily so has to look good and be street-able (no hack jobs)

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Going by what ya 32 looks like this Verossa will look real good when done!
Will you be tracking it aswell?

Iainous

Post by Iainous »

Cheers! The R32 had a heap of gear on it, was a fun car.

No track for the Verossa as I just want to have a nice quick street car again, sold the skyline about 4 years ago, the JZ itch has come back so have to get another.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

nice car and welcome to the forum!

Iainous

Post by Iainous »

Cheers!

Just realised I didn't follow the forum rules and introduce myself properly

Name: Iain
Where your from: New Plymouth
What you do: Commercial Real Estate for Bayleys
Car you own: Verossa and a 1956 VW Beetle
Mods and future plans: gte and r154 conversion plus loads more $$$$ worth of goodies
Next car you want to buy: ideally I would like a grx130 Mark X with a JZ manual swap, one day.....
Why you joined JZX NZ: love JZ toyotas and forum will be a helpful resource when modding the V