Tofu - Phil's JZX100 Tourer-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
yakuza

Re: Tofu - Phil's JZX100 Tourer-V

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:If you do replace it would you consider maybe a 6boost manifold? Kyle at 6boost makes a 25 or 30mm manifold to suit the factory location cheaper than most other options for the jzx apart from second hand stock.
Stock manifolds are awesome in terms of flow. A guys X110 in Sydney was producing 350kw's through the stock manifold.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea there's a guy in Melbourne making 350 on the 6boost mani and a Tomei turbo boosting at 3500rpm not 4000+ then again e is also running a pretty new motor after he blew a bearing not that long ago

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Time for a largish update - my apologies for not having the chance to update my progress with [WAAA] lately as i've been quite busy with a little one coming soon.

- Got the car retuned by Soichi at ST-Hitec after being on the base tune for 2.5 years! Went from 306kw to 313kw at the wheels on 20psi however it had a 3 month old tank of 98 so it made alot of knocking and was dialled back. The next time on the dyno it should make at least 320kw with some fresh fuel.

- Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire flew over from the USA to do a review, videos coming soon. In short, he absolutely loved it and compared it to a 4 door supra with all the luxuries! I spent heaps of time with the crew showing them around Auckland and arranged a meet for them with over 500 cars in attendance.

- The serpentine belt started making a squeaky sound. I thought it was the PS pulley however replacing the belt to a Gates Racing one seemed to shut it up. If anyone also wants to do this, the part number is: 6PK1940R and they are about $80.

- New wheels for max baller status. Work Meister S1 (19x9 and 19x10) with 245/35/19 and 275/35/19's.

- Fitted some Vertex Carbon Under Canards (ex- Peter Deedmans Verossa) and re-fitted my carbon eyelids

- Sold my old LED retrofitted fog lights to Harri and converted a new set to HID, now my low beam, high beam and fogs are 35w 8K HID

- A few new other misc parts, Toms Oil Cap, Aluminium Overflow Tank, Rays Dura-max Wheel Nuts, Numberplate Tilt Bracket and fitted my american APEXi and Slammed Society numberplate surrounds.

No more spending for a wee while, next mod - Recaro Baby Seat :)

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

Bring on the next stage of mods!

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

ch4sernz wrote:Bring on the next stage of mods!
haha yeah Logan, exciting times!

After a somewhat spirited drive last night it now doesn't enjoy linelocks into second. Time for a new clutch :(

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

Buy twin plate tell Lisa you thought rattles were good for babies!

dom

Post by dom »

Tofu wrote: After a somewhat spirited drive last night it now doesn't enjoy linelocks into second. Time for a new clutch :(
You're in the same boat as me now, my clutch hates me for running 19x10s with 275s. Can't even get into 3rd on the Hamptons skid pan without smelling burnt clutch! :cry:

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

What clutch are you running Dom? I'm going to get Neil from Autoclutch to build something custom for me using the existing Xtreme Clutch.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

So here it is! The Smoking Tire review of my JZX100.
Thanks to the guys from TST and most importantly Automation for making it all happen :)

Enjoy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka5rZNgq4pw

Alex

Post by Alex »

About time you updated this phil :lol: