Tofu - Phil's JZX100 Tourer-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Tofu

Re: Tofu - Phil's JZX100 Tourer-V

Post by Tofu »

First Mod to VIP Interior Status - Junction Produce Style (Made by my wife) Kintuna Fusa and Kiku Knot. These things are worth $200USD new from Junction Produce Japan!! - Stuff paying that!!

next on the list of interior things to do:
- Luxury Curtains
- Dash Table
- Bubble Dildo Gearknob
- Junction Produce Pillows & Headrest Set
- Wide Angle Mirror
- Leather Jesus Handles

Will try and get all the bits and pieces while i'm in touring asia in March.

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

Are you going to get two of each so you and AJ can keep your theme going?

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

SimonMkII wrote:Are you going to get two of each so you and AJ can keep your theme going?
oh lord :lol: :P
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

LOL!!

Update, got a new DSLR camera (EOS1000D), thought I might give it a quick go :)

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

Looking good bro! Cars like yours and Aj's make me wish I got a chaser instead of a mark2.
I saw you on saturday night heading north on the southern motorway but I was in my Mums RAV4 :oops: at least its still a toyota I guess.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Thanks Dude, really appreciate it.

Mark II's are hot cars as well! All you need is to be lower on a fitting set of wide wheels! Trust me, I've seen some pretty hot looking X100 Mark II's on the net. You only need to goto the Mark II pic thread to see what I mean!!

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Nice pics!

I really need to start learning to use my camera properly :\

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

I had a Casio Point and Shoot with a Canon lense beforehand which I used for over 5 years. Knew how to adjust all the settings and the pics used to come out better than the ones I took with the SLR!!

Gotta get used to all the manual settings on the camera, there's so much to learn!!

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Your pics are good man, car looks awesome, you'll get the hang of the dslr in no time. The only modes you need basically are Av (aperture priority) and Tv (shutter priority)... and M (full manual) when you're good enough. Go google some articles about aperture, shutter speed, iso etc, and get out there and practice. And pick up a 50mm f1.8 lens. Best value canon lens hands down, very sharp and awesome in low light, and involves you in the composition of the pics more as it is a prime lens (doesn't zoom). I own 3 lenses and the 50mm is by far the cheapest, but it's probably the lens I use the most.
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

PSIBRG wrote:Your pics are good man, car looks awesome, you'll get the hang of the dslr in no time. The only modes you need basically are Av (aperture priority) and Tv (shutter priority)... and M (full manual) when you're good enough. Go google some articles about aperture, shutter speed, iso etc, and get out there and practice. And pick up a 50mm f1.8 lens. Best value canon lens hands down, very sharp and awesome in low light, and involves you in the composition of the pics more as it is a prime lens (doesn't zoom). I own 3 lenses and the 50mm is by far the cheapest, but it's probably the lens I use the most.
Thanks for the info. I'm only using the M mode at the moment (and the occasional Av and Tv) as i'm trying to understand everything on the camera. I Haven't used auto as I don't want to end up lazy and relying on it for good pictures. I'm using the camera most mornings and evenings as i'm that's where i'm having the most difficulty in shooting good photos. I am thinking about buying an 15-200mm VR lense while i'm overseas as it has the best range for the photos that I enjoy shooting. One huge thing which I have on this camera over the old one is the depth of field. It's Pure Awesome!! Carpark photoshoots come out so nice as the camera takes really deep looking photos!

Might have to catch up with you sometime to learn more about the camera as I still don't understand over 50% of the buttons! LOL