My new JZX110 from Aussie

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
yakuza

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by yakuza »

That would be awesome ! 2jzgte in a 110 would be mean.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

So you have some Roll Center Adjusters to get rid of? :P

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Haha no i have some roll centre adjusters to put back on once the car is complied (theres always a way around the system)

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

davealdworth wrote:gearstick wasn't showing numbers on it - simple solution replace it with my TRD short shifter -
WTF! Thats a thing in aussie?!

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea it depends on how bad of a day the inspector is having. If it's not factory they don't like it. Even though you can buy all the gay ones from repco and the such, because its not factory and cause of the rest of the car the inspector decided to note that down also. As if you don't know what gear your in when your driving. Stupid bloody people

1400r

Post by 1400r »

davealdworth wrote:yea you'll laugh at this. In order to have coilovers engineered here they have to ensure there is no way that the height can be adjusted to below 100mm so the best practice they have is to weld the threads. Now on that note look up what happens when you weld a hydraulically pressurised unit and then youll understand how backwards the Aussie rules are

welded suspension components is a defect

see double fuk you if you do it

regency inspectors have the fuk overs locked down

1400r

Post by 1400r »

davealdworth wrote:Yea i miss the NZ inspections they were piss easy and you can get all the certs done in one hit instead of individually like here. But what I've found here is the Govt employ monkeys who like to feel super important just because they don't know what common sense is.

I believe they started a petition to make all the modification laws the same but they are so far behind here its just not funny. Only last year did they allow any brand of braided brake lines provided they are SAE clear so before that anything that wasn't ADR approved (Aussie Design Rules) it wouldn't pass at all even though SAE is aircraft regulation - a bit more important than car rules.

Even FIA approved equipment isn't allowed unless its ADR approved so bride's are a no, some sparco's, some recaro's all illegal yet they will save your life in a race car going at 250kph and an autotechnica seat from repco that costs 300 new that wont save your ass if you sneeze is approved. I really don't see how that works. The ruling to get stuff ADR approved is that the Govt have to test i think 1000 items to fail unless the correct crash test information is given by the manufacturer as long as it's tested to international standards
all the rules are there to make it hard and to make you spend more money on a grey import

to "protect" holden and ford so they can still keep building junk cars

wtf there 2nd hand cars since when should holden and ford care or have a say in

what at least 10 year old car you wanna buy and what has to be done to it

you hear about the first 35 gtr's that were grey imported to Aust?

hid's had to be removed as they hard no factory water sprayer's incase the lights got dirty and the beam's

were disrupted or some shit

cant tell me whats safe in Japan is not safe here

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

1400r wrote: you hear about the first 35 gtr's that were grey imported to Aust?

hid's had to be removed as they hard no factory water sprayer's incase the lights got dirty and the beam's

cant tell me whats safe in Japan is not safe here
speechless.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

all the rules are there to make it hard and to make you spend more money on a grey import

to "protect" holden and ford so they can still keep building junk cars

wtf there 2nd hand cars since when should holden and ford care or have a say in

what at least 10 year old car you wanna buy and what has to be done to it

you hear about the first 35 gtr's that were grey imported to Aust?

cant tell me whats safe in Japan is not safe here[/quote]

Yea one of my mates got on one of the first shipments of GTR's into Aus and had an absolute shitfight. They took the HID's out and they had a huge issue with the exhaust too.

I just wish the ADR's were made to modern times not the 1980's or mid 1990's

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

So things have been moving along nicely with the car. It's currently in the best South Aussie importers (according to all the workshops, so far its been perfect service) and will be getting inspected next week again so fingers crossed it passes. But also picked up a few extra parts to make it more fun

KTS alloy radiator hard pipe kit
aftermarket front REO
JIC front pipe for cat removal
KTS alloy intake piping
Pro bolt flush mount bolts for all the covers

All going well this will be on when i get back to Adelaide in two weeks and I'll actually get to drive it without the coppers harassing me