Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by yakuza »

Sounds awesome! What exhaust is that?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Cheers bro. Its a an Amuse catback pipe with a JIC cat removal pipe and the turbo has the tomei outlet pipe on it

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

I might get the tomei outlet pipe. Did you notice any gains from it?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

not really just a little faster with spooling up but i also have no resonators or anything in my pipe so i have no restrictions anywhere which helps

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

So good news to all those who have been following my ups and downs. Currently the 2jzgte is up for sale in Aus because I had a momentary lapse or being a retard but my builder has since convinced me to take it off the market. As I have a To4z and T51r ready to go for this (remembering this was originally for my jza80 not the jzx) we have mocked up, measured and taken all the information we need to fit these in place with the manifolds I have around the place we found that the clearances are going to be rather tight. So instead of going ahead with both of these, we batted around a few ideas and came up with running a cast manifold over tubular and a precision turbo over the HKS/Garrett.

Sooooo from that

The car is booked into the shop in May (I'm too busy and he's flat out till winter) and the new turbo kit is ordered. Will be running the FSR Motorsports cast manifold with a Precision 6266 turbo as with the increased height of the 2jz over the 1j it’s the only manifold of good quality that will actually allow me to fit a 700hp set up (potentially)

Finally my senses have been sorted haha. The conversion itself mechanically is going to be piss easy apparently as it pretty much just falls into place. The hardest part as I've mentioned before will be the wiring. Non vvti in a vvti based electrical system (Haltech will sort that), relocation of all the fuse boxes and mains power (thanks to the intake manifold) and then the fuel system set up (110s have a variable voltage fuel system which will just not be enough for the power I can achieve with the kit)

Sorry for the long novel, just updating how it's going haha

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:So good news to all those who have been following my ups and downs. Currently the 2jzgte is up for sale in Aus because I had a momentary lapse or being a retard but my builder has since convinced me to take it off the market. As I have a To4z and T51r ready to go for this (remembering this was originally for my jza80 not the jzx) we have mocked up, measured and taken all the information we need to fit these in place with the manifolds I have around the place we found that the clearances are going to be rather tight. So instead of going ahead with both of these, we batted around a few ideas and came up with running a cast manifold over tubular and a precision turbo over the HKS/Garrett.

Sooooo from that

The car is booked into the shop in May (I'm too busy and he's flat out till winter) and the new turbo kit is ordered. Will be running the FSR Motorsports cast manifold with a Precision 6266 turbo as with the increased height of the 2jz over the 1j it’s the only manifold of good quality that will actually allow me to fit a 700hp set up (potentially)

Finally my senses have been sorted haha. The conversion itself mechanically is going to be piss easy apparently as it pretty much just falls into place. The hardest part as I've mentioned before will be the wiring. Non vvti in a vvti based electrical system (Haltech will sort that), relocation of all the fuse boxes and mains power (thanks to the intake manifold) and then the fuel system set up (110s have a variable voltage fuel system which will just not be enough for the power I can achieve with the kit)

Sorry for the long novel, just updating how it's going haha
YES!!!!!!!!! :D Man thats awesome
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Here is the kit in question
http://fsrmotorsports.com/index.php?pag ... &Itemid=69

Supra boys in the states have had these up and over 900hp dependant on the turbo used obviously

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

So I've also been toying with the idea of getting the v mount look happening. I know this is a look and function utilised by race cars to get more direct flow to the intercooler and radiator without sacrificing airflow, which is the issue with front mounts in front of the radiators (not enough air too much radiator). Or the other option is moving the radiator forward and mounting the intecooler where the radiator is, that wil lallow the water to be coldest and the intercooler to take the higher airflow as the radiator is about 2inches thinner than the rad.

Also before anyone gets toooo carried away, this is purely for the fact that the car can't be driven in the 40-50 degree days without having massive issues so this would be the best thing to get constant airflow over both radiators evenly. In addition once the bonnet is on the air flow will be substantially increased

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Will the V-mount work on the JZX110 chassis? The JZ engines are pretty long and there isn't much room in front of the engine.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Thats what I'm trying to work out now. JZX chassis have done it before but generally drift cars where they move the engine back for balance and all that. But then again because I'm removing the aircon then I reckon it can be done, although i think the best option is either swapping intercooler/radiator locations or fanning the front of the radiator/back of the intercooler. All three options will work its just a matter of room and access