Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by yakuza »

That would be cool as. Imagine the 'spirited' drives in the South Island lol
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

So after driving around the other day in 30+ degree weather I have decided I'm over the heat coming out of the engine bay when cruising around and am now looking for all methods to try and reduce the engine bay temperature. Involved in this is going to be:
- phenolic gaskets
- heat coating hot stuff
- reflective wrapping cold stuff
- venting the bonnet with a new BN Sports bonnet
- removing the aircon - creates less of a air dam into the engine bay
- louvred engine bay pan which will help with ducting out of the engine from underneath
- fitting the new front bar and including ducting directly into the engine bay and brake ducts

Already have the new intercooler, alloy radiator and low thermo in there and although the engine is running better all that metal is just radiating heat through the engine bay plus with the intercooler, radiator and aircon radiator fitted one in front of the other its basically blocking almost all of the air into the engine bay

This wont be happening overnight so will be going on for a few months while i work out how to get it all in there

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

The new front bar will look awesome. When will you be fitting it?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Hoping to get it fitted soon and then book in for a full respray

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Car needs a good full repray cause of all the scratches and stuff from the shipping and tranporting

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

vvti 1jz already has a phenolic gasket ( intake to head ) gasket from factory
if your on a mission to decrease engine bay temps a vented bonnet is the easiest way and the most effective, when pushing hard through a touge or track/drifting you will get rid of alot of underbonnet temps,

keep the aircon, but use phenolic plastic or metal and make ducting to the radiator, as you will find with the front mount you will put more strain on the cooling system buy lack of airflow

oil cooler with oil cooler thermostat ( greedy ) and you should be good

alot of the time heat wrapping exhausts can cause cracking on manifolds etc, just my findings anyway
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yea i have seen the cracking on a few things that have been wrapped. I've got a turbo blanket ready to go already and a vented bonnet is on order from BN just have a lead time of about 15week for manufacture and shipping. The oil cooler is the next best thing to fit before I get too carried away plus will be fitting a remote oil filter with that but just need to fit the cooler in such a way that wont affect brake ducting as well as the piping to the radiator and the such. I'm sure I'll figure something out and in a few months once xmas is dealt with the heating issues will be sorted

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

On with the engine bay heat issue, now the clutch has decided to not play ball. Was going to change it anyway from the button clutch that came with it to either an Exedy Hyper Single or a Giken dual plate, either way no button gear that isnt cushioned. They just get destroyed driving on the streets. Will also be changing out the fly for a JUN lightweight os that should make the revs spike up a little more

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

sooooo today has been eventful not only has the clutch started to go in 2nd aswell now, the TB with the FBW converting gear has started to rattle something wicked during and after the engine is running

Any thoughts? Apart from the fact it's loose

OGdJrBtkmzo

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

here is some sound of this thing now that it's on its way there. Sorry for the sound if its not great, came off the phone not the nikon

kBGOYOcW2vU