My new JZX110 from Aussie

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
yakuza

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:Thats what I'm trying to work out now. JZX chassis have done it before but generally drift cars where they move the engine back for balance and all that. But then again because I'm removing the aircon then I reckon it can be done, although i think the best option is either swapping intercooler/radiator locations or fanning the front of the radiator/back of the intercooler. All three options will work its just a matter of room and access
Or another option is to come back to NZ and bring your 110 with you haha
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

haha somehow i don't see that happening on a permanent basis, good thought though. Am rolling back to town for chrismas though but the 110 aint coming over

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

New IACV from Haltech is on the way so i can actually have a constant idle with the hypertune set up. Apparently the factory 2jzgte won't be effective with the PS2000 (in some cases anyway) so bam new Haltech gear. Hello remotely located IACV perfect for tidying the engine bay up with neato vacuum lines

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Update for the cooling issues. Long K&N filter is going on around Thursday or Fiday, then will be mocking up the cold air box and a venting shroud to go in front and behind the radiator/intercooler to duct the hot air upwards to the bonnet (where the vents will be). On top of all that I will be ducting around the radiator aswell to feed air upwards from under the engine to the top so there is a constant stream or air moving from low to high. This will help dramatically.

Drawings are all made up and when I get back home will be mocking up the designs. Soemthing similat to this behind the radiator

Aside from the BN sports bonnet, I'm also getting a second hand bonnet from Japan only about $250 all up so pretty cheap for a cut and mould concept. Looking to do something like this with is for a second set up

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Small update from last week on this. Kit is all booked in to get fitted next on the 3rd, would do it myself but don't have the time to do a full kit replacement with all the other things that need doing. So thats getting fitted without paint cause I'm doing some small changes to it once shes all fitted.

Next week I'm back for a little while again and have to take the turbo off to have it either reconned or replaced, turns out the seals are shagged in it. On top of that I'm going to sort out the speaker situation, i have the factory sub but thats not enough so some Tarantula series 6.5s in the front and 6x9s in the rear to help with the high and mid tones and may have time to fir the 12" in the spare wheel well but we shall see how time goes before I have to leave again.

Also the diff is finally getting to me so within the next few months between uni, work, study, Mrs and other extra curricular tasks Ill be looking at getting the TRD torsen in and taking out the Tomei 2way Trax Advance

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

New front kit is on kind of. Kit fits perfectly but doesnt allow the car to turn. For anyone who has wide wheels 8.5+ on the front over 18" and wants to fit the vertex kit just be wary that it wll need trimming to actually give you a turning circle. At the moment I'm out of town but the body shop has said that the kit looks great and is all fitting around the intercooler blah blah blah but the turning circle gets to about 10degrees and then there is contact on the kit, just a word of warning to all looking to go down this path.

I PM'd a few guys on JZX world that have the kit and have had the same issues with 19's and 20's but not the 18s so just to put it out there for some thins is an issue

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Can't you just add more/less castor to suit?

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

So today the dynamatting went good. I know people say its a waste and everyone has their own way of doing but this i how and why i did it. Firstly the why. At some rpm the car vibrates like a bastard and it doesn't have any effect on me but the mrs cant stand it so..... Apply dynamat to at least change the vibration frequency. The how.... I decided to apply it in the obvious places first, spare wheel well, back of the seat and partially on the deck tray. This is only phase one. Phase two will be all the areas that i haven't done in the boot yet and the dynapadding the remaining of the interior. Here are some photos of before and after may be a bit blurry thanks to the shitty phone.

Even with this small amount there was a huge difference. At about 3.5k to 4.5k the vibrations from the back end are no where near as bad but, as this is only step one i can only see it getting quieter. The thing to remember is if you plan on doing it, tar based sound deadening like dynamat is only designed to reduce vibration not kill sound, thats where the foam based products are needed.

The next step is to dynamat and then dynapad the entire cabin area so that will kill all the noises bar any panel vibrations which will also be sorted in time. For me weight isnt an issue, the heavier it is the better it sits for me anyways others are different. On the whole so far im happy with it. Very interested to see how the next step turns out, hopefully there are some good matting sales soon cause that shit is expensive

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Got some updated car pics? Haven't seen any for a while :)

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Have been meaning to give the car a good wash and get some shots (even though the front still isnt painted) but have just moved into a new house so things have been on the back burner for a while. Although i will get a heap of time next week to give it a wash, clay bar, polish and wax so that will defs need some photos then.

Its been very slow in my garage lately. So slow that the biggest update in a few months is dynamat haha how sad is that