Another new owner for this Mark 2

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Shimmy

Another new owner for this Mark 2

Post by Shimmy »

Hey.
Just picked up this car on Thursday. First drive and yes she is running very rich. Will get a ecu, tune, injectors and fuel pump as soon as the funds allow.
Anyone recommened the best ecu to go with? Also what size injectors and fuel pump?
I have only previously owned Nissans SR's so am a newbie with the Toyota's for now.
Also does anyone know who played around with the breather setup on this car? I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what they were up to.
Car is currently running 12psi. I should be safe to go to 14psi with standard injectors, fuel pump and ecu right.?
This car will get used alot more than it has in the last 6 months from now on.
Any advice would be appreciated.
And here's a pic of what it looks like now.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/jzx100.jpg/

Tofu

Re: Another new owner for this Mark 2

Post by Tofu »

damn this car has been around the block. :lol:

nice car! looks alot better since Alex last had it.

archon

Post by archon »

It sounds like fueling will be fine for 14 psi (and more probably), but stock timing might be a little advanced in the higher revs for what that turbo can flow.

Those wheels do wonders for it.

Do you mind if I ask how much you got it for?

Shimmy

Post by Shimmy »

I did a straight swap for my S14f/l that I paid 15k for 3 years ago. It was 260rwkw with apexi power fc hks turbo etc etc.
I think I got the better deal for sure. Once I have a computer, tune and 300+kw will be worth alot more. I dont think the guy I brought it off had the funds to do anything more to it so just wanted it gone.

Shimmy

Post by Shimmy »

Anyone able to wouch for Brendan in Greenhithe as the man to take it to? Iv'e heard he knows his shit.

archon

Post by archon »

Not a bad deal, I think the only thing to be wary of with that jzx100 is that they used a w58 for the manual conversion.

Brendan Duncker? Convert Limited? No personal experience but I've only ever heard very good things about him, I think he's worked with the odd jzx too....haha
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=351&hilit=niteparts

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Shimmy wrote:Anyone able to wouch for Brendan in Greenhithe as the man to take it to? Iv'e heard he knows his shit.
No one better in auckland when it comes to Toyotas. Especially JZX's :D

Shimmy

Post by Shimmy »

archon wrote:Not a bad deal, I think the only thing to be wary of with that jzx100 is that they used a w58 for the manual conversion.

Brendan Duncker? Convert Limited? No personal experience but I've only ever heard very good things about him, I think he's worked with the odd jzx too....haha
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=351&hilit=niteparts
So far I am please with the deal haven't regretted swapping from Nissan to Toyota even though I work at Nissan. Yeah I know that these gearbox's arnt the strongest so will just have to upgrade it when it gives up on me. That must be the Brendan Iv'e been told to go to, will definitly contact him.

Alex

Post by Alex »

hks ecu from st hitec.. 800+ cc injectors.. +tune

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Welcome to the forums man!

Definitely got the better side of the deal! :) If you look through the forums, you should be able to see the build on this car! all those shiny sinco custom bits haha ^.^
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."