Cale's JZX100 Tourer V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Weekend_Millionaire

Cale's JZX100 Tourer V

Post by Weekend_Millionaire »

Hi,

I bought this beast about 6 months ago after I sold my jetski.

Sits on springs with 18 inch shoes. 225's on the front and 235's on the back
Apexi pod filter
Blitz Nur spec full exhaust
TRD Gear Knob
FM Intercooler
HKS SSQ BOV
Polished intake manifold (best anniversary present ever :D )

Many more mods to come as my bank balance allows

Taken at the JZX Meet at NST ;)
'97 Toyota Chaser Tourer V JZX100

Tofu

Re: Cale's JZX100 Tourer V

Post by Tofu »

looks very familiar... :)

good score. is a very nice car!

Weekend_Millionaire

ahahaha buzzy!!

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Welcome! will see you around...

Weekend_Millionaire

So I went for a wof yesterday (Drivesure Papakura). Made everything on the car was mint. Four new tires, new ball joints etc. Gets failed on a fog light out and, get this....... no cert for front mount intercooler. WTF man!! Back into storage mode it goes...

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Rats, Apparently having the front mount changes the crumple zone or something, some WOF guys let you have it if you say that it always had a front mount, just to the side :).
Weekend_Millionaire wrote:So I went for a wof yesterday (Drivesure Papakura). Made everything on the car was mint. Four new tires, new ball joints etc. Gets failed on a fog light out and, get this....... no cert for front mount intercooler. WTF man!! Back into storage mode it goes...

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

if you take out the brace to fit the intercooler you mess up the crumple zone totally and on some cars it effect the airbag being deloyed. If you can modify the brace to fit the intercooler it should be fine. You can cut out something like 50% of the brace depth before they wont pass it

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

But you are also messing with the crumple zone by putting an IC there, are you not?
davealdworth wrote:if you take out the brace to fit the intercooler you mess up the crumple zone totally and on some cars it effect the airbag being deloyed. If you can modify the brace to fit the intercooler it should be fine. You can cut out something like 50% of the brace depth before they wont pass it

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Technically yes (depending on how you mount the intercooler) but the idea of that brace is to stop the car from crumpling around the engine. The braces are well over engineered and there is a depth that you can remove that will allow it to not effect it. On JZA80s it's 65% of the original brace must remain and the ST202/205 is around 70%. I took my JZA80 to get an engineer to look at it years ago and they didn't see an issue with it once they worked it out

An alternative it to get a brace made with the same compressive strength that will go around the intercooler (have seen something on here lately) as long as it meet the OEM standards for compressive strength they shouldn't have an issue with it