JZX100 Avante Chaser

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Kiddle333

Re: JZX100 Avante Chaser

Post by Kiddle333 »

Naa, too much of a hassle. And I kind of doubt it will fit.
I got in touch with a dealer and he said he could get some Teins.:) Not sure for how much though?
Do you guys think that I should replace my shocks too? I cant find any proof of them being replaced so I am just assuming they are just factory issue. The driver side also sits around 1cm lower than the passenger side.

Rob

Post by Rob »

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

Don't think he wants to fork out 500 for cert

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Kiddle333 wrote:I am after wheels first. No good having a low car on steelies. :lol: So after that's sorted I will hit you up about the springs. How much are you after anyway for your set?
will be looking at $400...that's for a set of TRD springs with gas shocks... shocks and springs are mint.

I strongly suggest you go with the springs first.. it'll look funny if you go with wheels first

also, like i said, dobis are superlows but I cannot promise your stock shocks will last

Kiddle333

Post by Kiddle333 »

murdoko wrote:
will be looking at $400...that's for a set of TRD springs with gas shocks... shocks and springs are mint.

I strongly suggest you go with the springs first.. it'll look funny if you go with wheels first

also, like i said, dobis are superlows but I cannot promise your stock shocks will last
Dude thats awesome :) Is it just a straight swap and I am good to go? As in no cert required?
And yeah Thomases x90 is a tad too low to still be practical for my taste. Especially if I was to throw a lip, sides e.t.c on it.

ohyeahjake

Post by ohyeahjake »

Kiddle333 wrote: Dude thats awesome :) Is it just a straight swap and I am good to go? As in no cert required?
And yeah Thomases x90 is a tad too low to still be practical for my taste. Especially if I was to throw a lip, sides e.t.c on it.
Too low? Wait what? I daily drove a Subaru that was 60mm from the sump. No such thing as too low.

Kiddle333

Post by Kiddle333 »

ohyeahjake wrote:
Too low? Wait what? I daily drove a Subaru that was 60mm from the sump. No such thing as too low.
Haha thats gold! :lol: What about 5 people in the car + gear?

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Kiddle333 wrote:
ohyeahjake wrote:
Haha thats gold! :lol: What about 5 people in the car + gear?
spot on! so I'm not the only one who's more into function.. ;)
Kiddle333 wrote:
murdoko wrote:

Dude thats awesome :) Is it just a straight swap and I am good to go? As in no cert required?
yeah no cert required. just install and off you go. 100% increase in stiffness and a subtle 15mm drop (with plenty of inactive coils you can cut) I think TRD did this on purpose...

ohyeahjake

Post by ohyeahjake »

Nah it was actually sweet more people didnt make it any lower because it was basically on shaved bumpstops. I wouldnt daily a car that low ever again though, the guy that bought it off me lifted it 50mm above factory haha

Kiddle333

Post by Kiddle333 »

murdoko wrote: yeah no cert required. just install and off you go. 100% increase in stiffness and a subtle 15mm drop (with plenty of inactive coils you can cut) I think TRD did this on purpose...
Could you please put a pic up? :) What brand are the shocks?