Andrew's JZX110

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
WATDA

Re: Andrew's JZX110

Post by WATDA »

Hi man, Yep I have already installed the premium kit. Still not too happy with it so will go to an older style throttle and intake manifold to get rid of it completely!

Jzs171-jp

Post by Jzs171-jp »

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/premiumjapan/kit-001.
Looked like this one?? Make sure you put up a how to when you change the manifold over to the old style ;) if these are crappy I will be doing the same ASAP!

slipwaysailplane

Post by slipwaysailplane »

Bro ive got a jzx100 throttle here...

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

WATDA wrote:Hi man, Yep I have already installed the premium kit. Still not too happy with it so will go to an older style throttle and intake manifold to get rid of it completely!
found the same thing with mine it's not holding rev's and the throttle response is crap. Talking to the guy who installed it (builds 1 and 2js all day every day) the kit doesn't allow the gears to sit on the 110 throttle shaft well. Needs to have a grub screw installed to make it run properly (due to the shaft shape compared to the kit gear shape)

Jzs171-jp

Post by Jzs171-jp »

davealdworth wrote:
WATDA wrote:Hi man, Yep I have already installed the premium kit. Still not too happy with it so will go to an older style throttle and intake manifold to get rid of it completely!
found the same thing with mine it's not holding rev's and the throttle response is crap. Talking to the guy who installed it (builds 1 and 2js all day every day) the kit doesn't allow the gears to sit on the 110 throttle shaft well. Needs to have a grub screw installed to make it run properly (due to the shaft shape compared to the kit gear shape)
Have you installed a grub screw on yours now? Any photos?

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

not yet waiting to get back to town in a few weeks before i do any more work on it

Jzs171-jp

Post by Jzs171-jp »

davealdworth wrote:not yet waiting to get back to town in a few weeks before i do any more work on it
Please let me know when you do and what you do to it!
Thanks man!