XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
murdoko

Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by murdoko »

Alright, Steve got back to me... It's been a couple of months but he's still waiting for the custom cores to arrive.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Just thought I'd update my thread... basically, I did nothing in the past few months coz I'm saving up for something big. However, really craving to do something to her soonish... hmmm what could it be? :twisted:

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

2jzgte conversion... thats something big and wont require much just a 2jzgte and ecu bam done

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

davealdworth wrote:2jzgte conversion... thats something big and wont require much just a 2jzgte and ecu bam done
Twin turbos / exhaust manifold won't fit directly... nothing a mallet won't fix..

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Not twin. Piss that thing off and replace with a nice little HKS TO4z kit :) :mrgreen:

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

I was going to buy a set of Cusco Street Zero-A coilovers but then I had a last minute change in mind. I've bought and installed Cusco swaybars (front and rear).

It slightly stiffened the suspension and decreased the body roll heaps! I must say, like all the others are saying, is probably the best bang for the buck when it comes to suspension upgrades!

The front swaybar came with its own mounts and bushings. The rear one didn't. However, you can use the factory bushings.

subjective test:

Where: Esmonde road northbound on-ramp (270 degree high speed turn)
Conditions: damp
Tyres: Falken FK452 225 front, 235 rear
Upgrades:
1. Espelir Lowering springs , stock shocks
2. Cusco front sway bar
3. Cusco rear sway bar
4. Cusco Front strut bar
5. Cusco front chassis brace (7pt)
6. Cusco rear chassis brace (4 pt)

1. Upgraded rear bars, stock front bars : got rid of most of the body roll. Definitely removed most of the understeer, especially for a front-heavy car like mine. You can almost do without the aftermarket front-swaybar. My opinion? The rear swaybar is cheap and I think it's a must-have. It just improves the handling dramatically.

2. Both swaybars upgraded: front ride height increased by just a few mms because of the increased effective spring rate from installing the stiffer front swaybar. Ride is noticeably stiffer. Bumps on the road tends to wobble my steering wheel a bit more (if you know what I mean). This is as expected from stiffer swaybars (no biggie). Handling is just superb. Went thru the corner real fast, I got dizzy.

In a nutshell, Cusco swaybars = good buy. BUY IT!

archon

Post by archon »

murdoko wrote: front ride height increased by just a few mms because of the increased effective spring rate from installing the stiffer front swaybar.
Agree they are a great upgrade, but they don't change your ride height! :lol:

Most plausible explanation is that the bushes are really tight so it's not always fully settling back down after rebound.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

archon wrote:Agree they are a great upgrade, but they don't change your ride height!
I don't know what I was on about... my bad :oops: :mrgreen:

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

So what coilovers would you pic??

HSD Monotube
http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/specifications

Cusco Street Zero-A
http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/parts_product ... stabl.html

or BC Golds?

The Cusco Street Zero-A is suprisingly affordable for what it is (a bit less than the 2.5k mark) but it's a twin tube design (comfort & street) as opposed to the rough and rugged monotube for track use. standard spring rate is 14/10 the same as HSD's. however, Cusco can uprate the front springs to 16 or 18 kg/mm. HSD's as usual, can have customised spring rates and can't be beaten for the price IMO...

What do you guys think??

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Personally i would go Cusco, have a set ready for mine and they are a hell of a great looking product. Much better than D2's, HSD's and some HKS that I have had in the past. Can get them for around the $1400 mark here in Aussie (delivered and with the conversion rate thats what around $1900 new from Japan.