XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Tofu

Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by Tofu »

When I spoke to him last he advised that he would use a 56trim e comp wheel and a ct26 turbine wheel for the highfow. He didn't get too much into pricing however based on what most people are paying for high flowed turbos, you would be looking at approximately $1000-1200 for the rebuild + HKS Actuator ($200) = $1400~

We still need dyno results from a tuned vvt 1j with the high flow installed & tuned. Jareds one made the same power with 10psi less so there's definitely some good potential in it. Murch believes it'll be good for 400-450hp.

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

I thought you would have gone with Brendon Dunker for tuning

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

ryanfels wrote:I thought you would have gone with Brendon Dunker for tuning
Didn't know Brendon tunes? Has he got the facilities? He's on the shore too so that'd be convenient... :)
ch4sernz wrote:I think there is a lot of us who would be interested in murch's high flow pricing.
The way I see it, if Steve can fit the Holset core then sweet! Otherwise, Tomei's the way to go... so whatever happens, high-flow or Tomei, hit me up coz we might be able to get a good price if we do a group buy.

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

He has a dyno he uses at another shop, he just has to book in when. Hes tuned a shit load of highpower JZs in his life

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

How the clutch going now dude? I'm putting in my order for the last of my parts now and its a toss up between the ORC twin carbon and the OS giken twin its the only part I'm not completely decided on

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

no difference since it was new (broke in). Still very streetable to the point where I can daily it. At the end of the day, it's still a twin plate.

Pedal feel is still soft (probably close to stock). No slip once it's fully engaged so it causes vibration when approaching max toque (2800 RPM). Mind you, it will be the same with other clutches too. This can be fixed with harder gearbox or engine mounts.

A bit of shudder during reverse, but then again my differential is getting a bit notchy.

Burnouts and skids are 1000% easier.

Overall, it feels like I'm not going to have to replace it for a very very long time. I hope....

archon

Post by archon »

Any update from Murch about a highflow?

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

archon wrote:Any update from Murch about a highflow?
Contact him directly via facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/stev ... 56?fref=ts
Last I spoke to him he was pretty busy but i'm sure he can do it if you book in advance.

archon

Post by archon »

Yeah I still haven't decided what I'll do, ct26 shaft and wheels in stock housing, Holset CHRA into stock covers, or even whether I get my spare high flowed at all - I love the response of the factory turbo. So really just looking for information to analyse/being nosey without wasting Steve's time.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Apologies for the late reply guys... I've been uber busy!!!

I actually forgot about this! He hasn't replied... Ugh ill hit him up again... Now