XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
murdoko

Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by murdoko »

so I asked for a quote on the Tomei M8280 Turbo Kit from RHD Japan, anyone wanna join in?

Alex

Post by Alex »

have you seen soitchi at st hitec? he was offering HKS fconV gold for 3k installed last time i talked to him.
oh and you could just get the stock turbo rebuilt with bigger internals by steve murch.. the guy is the man.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

I haven't yet. That's a good deal!

To be honest I'd rather go tomei than murchs. They're about the same price

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Are they? I paid Murch a tad over $1000 to hybrid my Evo turbo, that included a new front cover, T04E H-Trim wheel, machined housings to suit, ported wastegate hole, clipped turbine etc etc etc. It's a 10 second capable turbo and has good street manners with the same reliability as an OEM unit, not sure what more you could want for a $1000 investment. I would've thought the Tomei would be more up around the $2000 mark once shipping is factored in?

Steve is the man, his work is top notch and he has the knowledge/experience to back it up. Plus you're keeping a kiwi in business. AND he stocks Holset turbos now, if I was gonna spend money on a turbo i'd definitely be looking in that direction :)
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

the tomei arms turbo for the 1jz is 100% identical to the HPI/TRD/Rasty hi-flow, the only difference is you get a flash looking actuator and a heffty price tag to suit, dont get me wrong they are a great turbo, but all you are getting is a glorified hi-flow

you can do a hi flow spec to suit your needs from 1000, capable of pushing good flow and good HP, and alowing you to spend more on tunning etc

plus if your are going to throw money at something liek that just go for a gt3027 or what ever they are

my 2 cents
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Thanks for the input guys! Will keep it in mind. ;)

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Installed:

-Cusco Rear Underbody brace (4pt)
-Cusco Front Underbody brace (7pt)

both for $150

Thanks to TParts!

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Alex wrote:have you seen soitchi at st hitec? he was offering HKS fconV gold for 3k installed last time i talked to him.
oh and you could just get the stock turbo rebuilt with bigger internals by steve murch.. the guy is the man.
murdoko wrote:I haven't yet. That's a good deal!

To be honest I'd rather go tomei than murchs. They're about the same price
I'll eat up what I said before... Murch is the Man with a capital M! so yeah, now that Phil's flashing is shiny new M8280, I had a chat with mr Murchy about hi-flowing the CT15b.. well, he said he's done a few before but CT15b's have weak thrust collars so he's looking at using a Holset core. He will know if this is possible in a few days time. Otherwise, Tomei M8280 is the choice!

Looking at a newer HKS ECU - Soichi advised that there's a new HKS ECU coming out in a month's time. $3.3-$3.6k installed and tuned.

However, being in NZ, I'd rather go with Link G4 storm and Steve recommends GCP Pukekohe as the tuner. pretty good price too!

archon

Post by archon »

murdoko wrote:
I'll eat up what I said before... Murch is the Man with a capital M! so yeah, now that Phil's flashing is shiny new M8280, I had a chat with mr Murchy about hi-flowing the CT15b.. well, he said he's done a few before but CT15b's have weak thrust collars so he's looking at using a Holset core. He will know if this is possible in a few days time. Otherwise, Tomei M8280 is the choice!
Keep us posted, I'll be hitting him up at some stage for a high flow CT15b

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

I think there is a lot of us who would be interested in murch's high flow pricing.