Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
WATDA

Re: TOM'S jzx110

Post by WATDA »

My old drive car! Looks good Tom

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Hey dude with your rears as you said at +18 were a bit of a pain with a roll and flare, do you reckon a 10+30 would fit without too much of a head f$%k. Only ask cause I'm looking at getting my wheels now while my car is on the water from Japan due to the 8 week lead time and you seem to have fitted 10's on the rear rather nicely even if there is a little bit of rub. I'm looking at 9.5+35 with a 235 at the front and 10+30 or 10.5+45 at the rears to fit a 265 tyre (need the grip for the soon to be 2j)

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

235 on the front will rub big time if you are running low, ends up pulling the lip on the guard and destroying the guard.
The problem on the 110s in the rear is the bumper tabs, you will need to cut them up and beat up the metal to stop rubbing.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea i figured as much but I wont be running as low as most cause the height laws here in aussie are super gay. Nothing legally is supposed to be under 100mm and cause I've got the vertex on I'll be running slightly higher anyways. Not much higher though, about the same as Tristan's 110

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

hey davealdworth,
you know if your tyres are too wide there will be less traction as there will be less pressure on the ground, but when you have a slightly skinnier tyre there will be more force on the ground therefore more traction but I think 265 aren't too wide. Does that make sense to you?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

hey Andrew, was this your old car, this is my current jzx110 IR-V
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:hey davealdworth,
you know if your tyres are too wide there will be less traction as there will be less pressure on the ground, but when you have a slightly skinnier tyre there will be more force on the ground therefore more traction but I think 265 aren't too wide. Does that make sense to you?

Yea I know that can be the case on lighter cars like civics and silvias but not on the 110s unless i want 335 or something stupid like that. But on the flip side of that as well the thinner the tyre the easier it is to break traction and having the 2j in it will break traction a hell of a lot easier with the power i'll be running (which will be good for track but not for getting to the track). Its now just a case of what will fit without wearing sidewalls or rubbing

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

for the weight of the 110 i think anything between a 245 at the rear to a maximum of 275 is perfect if you want decent traction. A key point to remember is the wider tyre you have you are also spreading the weight more evenly which means you will lose traction if its too wide. best to take a safe option and go for 265.

i have 275's on mine and sometimes they rub especially if you have passengers at the back, i even have the guards rolled out.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:for the weight of the 110 i think anything between a 245 at the rear to a maximum of 275 is perfect if you want decent traction. A key point to remember is the wider tyre you have you are also spreading the weight more evenly which means you will lose traction if its too wide. best to take a safe option and go for 265.

i have 275's on mine and sometimes they rub especially if you have passengers at the back, i even have the guards rolled out.
What offset are you running on the rear? I'm going to fit my 265s (i have a spare set of Nitto Invo's) cause i know they will be the balance in the traction range. Having said that I had 305s on my jza80 and theyre almost the same weight and they didnt slip at all. Plus its a whole thing to blame the tyres being too wide and not having enough pressure to get the tyres to grip correctly but alot of it also boils down to the steering and suspension geometry. I'm going to run my 235/35/18s on the front and the 265/35/18s on the rear its just a case of the wheel offset to fit that width

archon

Post by archon »

yakuza wrote:for the weight of the 110 i think anything between a 245 at the rear to a maximum of 275 is perfect if you want decent traction. A key point to remember is the wider tyre you have you are also spreading the weight more evenly which means you will lose traction if its too wide. best to take a safe option and go for 265.
Width of the tyre affects the shape of the contact patch, nothing at all to do with the size of it.