Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PSIBRG

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by PSIBRG »

Tofu wrote:Don't bother with the Piggyback if you want a nice tune as the factory ECU will always fight against it.
You'll do a dyno run with a perfect map, do it again 10mins later and it's completely different!

For reliability i'd stay away from it. Especially since you have bigger injectors and a larger turbo.

Can't wait to see this thing out destroying tyres! I'm sure Dave is jealous!
Yeah I've seen people complaining about this on the JZX World forums. Kinda sucks that we can't just go chip+tune like the Nissan boys. Ideally I'd like to find a Power FC, would probably save a couple grand overall compared to a Link, but they don't seem to pop up anywhere for JZX90's. Been scouring Yahoo Japan for like 4 months now and haven't even seen one.
luc3unitJZX wrote:That's what I'm going to be running is a g4. Pricey as, by the time it's wired in and tuned ends up costing around the 5k mark, then you can run deacceleration fuel and a harsh limiter and pop some flames!!!!
Yeah definitely not the cheapest option that's for sure. I might look into a few more options and talk to a few tuners. Sucks that there are no plug in options for us. How far off is your car now?
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

What do all the Japs use for ECUs?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

From what I've seen, alot of them use E-manage's and F-Con's. Not sure how they get around the ecu auto adjusting. They've managed to chip the stock ecu's too I think, I've seen a few Mines chipped ones on yahoo but they never specify what exactly is different (I assume more aggressive fuel maps and shit?)

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

The only downside to the FC units is they are few and far between (also they dont make them anymore) other than that they are perfect. The mines tuned ECU have more aggressive maps which is pretty handy but from memory they also allow tuneability with regards to aftermarket cams and fuel upgrades. Either way I think its going to have to be a bite the bullet and head to standalone situation. That way its done once and done right and you can have multiple set ups tuned for whatever you feel that you need for each day of the week.

luc3unitJZX

Post by luc3unitJZX »

luc3unitJZX wrote:That's what I'm going to be running is a g4. Pricey as, by the time it's wired in and tuned ends up costing around the 5k mark, then you can run deacceleration fuel and a harsh limiter and pop some flames!!!!
Yeah definitely not the cheapest option that's for sure. I might look into a few more options and talk to a few tuners. Sucks that there are no plug in options for us. How far off is your car now?[/quote]

Not cheapest but is the brains of the operation. Worthy investment if you ask me. Waiting on getting car back from painters and the valve springs showing up. Then I can Mount coils, oil filter and cooler, new IC piping, FPR etc and put the motor back together. Late august should be good to go for tune. Still have all the arms and bushes to go over and the paint on the outside, so a few months away. May take it to the skid pan half finished though lol

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Booyaa mo'fuckers :D

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

PSIBRG wrote:Booyaa mo'fuckers :D

Wow, nice man :). I think I saw your mirage yesterday on New North Rd? I was in my JZX110
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Stoked I managed to score one. Been hunting every other day for months and no JZX90 Power FC's have popped up. Then suddenly the other day there were two of them on Yahoo Japan. One sold pretty quick via buy now, and I managed to win a little bidding war for this one. Should've gone with the buy now on the other one but I was hoping to get this one cheaper by bidding, ended up going 17000 yen over the other one lol, oh well.

And nah wouldn't have been my Mirage, haven't driven it in months :(

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

PSIBRG wrote:Stoked I managed to score one. Been hunting every other day for months and no JZX90 Power FC's have popped up. Then suddenly the other day there were two of them on Yahoo Japan. One sold pretty quick via buy now, and I managed to win a little bidding war for this one. Should've gone with the buy now on the other one but I was hoping to get this one cheaper by bidding, ended up going 17000 yen over the other one lol, oh well.

And nah wouldn't have been my Mirage, haven't driven it in months :(
17000 yen is a really good price considering that they go for like $1100 brand new. And yeah it must not have been your mirage, looked the same though :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Nah I mean it sold for 17000 yen more than the buy now price on the other auction. Which I should have taken in the first place, but I had no idea what they go for since I've never seen one for sale before. I wish I got it for 17000 yen, that wouldn't even buy you a loom cable for an e-manage haha.

The buy now one sold for 120k in a matter of hours. It looked a bit older than the one I bought though and the commander cable had a bit of damage. I won mine for 137k. And I've just found another on there now for 150k buy now. No idea where they're all coming from haha.

It seems they sell for more than their new price now that they've been discontinued for a few years.