Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PSIBRG

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by PSIBRG »

Well, after it broke on Saturday I couldn't be bothered doing anything, so it was towed back here still sitting on the skid rims, kit loaded into the car, no muffler, interior full of shit, and the whole thing was coated in rubber from the front wheels rubbing, looked pretty sad. So after I finished chucking the new tensioner on it I gave it a quick oil change, threw the kit etc back on and gave it a good wash.

Back to daily spec now, been driving the old ladys Pulsar the past few days... thank fark that's over :lol:

JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

Yo is this the sort of rail you bought? Any modification needed to fit the recaro?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Were you meant to post a link? :lol:
Bride RO type is what you need to suit a Recaro SR2/SR3. No modification needed :)

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

Haha yea that would make more sense with a link.. http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... s300856639

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Yup that'll work sweet. I think I paid 5000 yen for mine although it was second hand. Don't know how often they come up used for x81's but could be worth waiting a little while if you're patient enough haha.

Edit: Just realised mine is a Bride MO type. They're basically the same as RO from what I can tell, they had some extra brackets to suit the older Brix/Ergo models of Bride seats. I just had to unbolt the brackets before I installed the Recaro. Won't be necessary with an RO though.

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

Sweet, will probably just buy new as im far too impatient haha.
Now just need to find a seat.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Yo, long time no update.

Haven't had a lot of good luck lately with the old girl. She sat for months without a wof. I decided to take it to my dad's friends workshop and basically got laughed out of there cause he couldn't even fit his shoe under the car. Got one in the end from somewhere else.

So I was driving, blissfully unaware that the diff axle bolts were working their way out (note to self/everyone: use loctite). Lost 2 of them. You know the little bracket washers that sit behind them? One of those came loose. The car started making a banging noise from back there. I wasn't too far from home so I babied it the rest of the way. Got it up in the air, and the bracket thing had been smashing against a fuel line :shock: , which was now pissing fuel out.

So it was off the road for another few days while I decided what to do. Ended up shortening the line (routed better than factory now IMO) and joining it back together with flare fittings.

And then my diff fucked out :lol: was leaking oil out the front seal, and making a clunking noise that increases with speed. Replaced the seal, still gotta suss the noise or find another diff. It does still seem to drive fine and still locks up etc. I'm no diff expert so I might just make it someone elses problem. For now i'm just running the ole torsen. Glad I kept it now :lol:

On the upside, I bought the 1JZ out of Mike North's JZX90. Just gotta suss a turbo for it (or find some factory twins, anyone?) and then it'll be going in :D

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

There were quite a few stock twin turbo set ups on trademe
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

yakuza wrote:There were quite a few stock twin turbo set ups on trademe
Yeah saw those. Not a huge fan of the factory setup or twin turbos in general, and I really don't fancy trying to remove that shit from the engine bay without pulling the motor when I want to upgrade. I'll probably just go for a second hand single holset or garrett or something on a cheapo manifold for now and a quick safc tune to be safe. See what happens...

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Last little n/a skid before we pulled the motor. Broke yet another tensioner pulley (bought it brand new not long ago), you can see it escape from the car at the end of the video :lol: :lol:
So glad my 1JZ has been modded to manual tension via the alternator. Just one thing I no longer have to worry bout breaking all the time

wSCZvwZ8bqs