Jesses JZX100 Chaser

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
CHA5ER

Re: Jesses JZX90 Mark II

Post by CHA5ER »

Driftmonkey wrote:
yakuza wrote:Jun (the guy with the manual turbo JZX90) has fitted r33 side skirts and a accord front lip
That's kinda how I heard they fit. Met a guy named Juhan, he's mates with Junhyuk and he was telling me about it, sounds like it wouldn't look too bad but... am yet to see it.
yupp mine are r33 skirts and lip
http://www.NBUSnz.co.nz <- The Best tints.

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

CHA5ER wrote:
Driftmonkey wrote:
yakuza wrote:Jun (the guy with the manual turbo JZX90) has fitted r33 side skirts and a accord front lip
That's kinda how I heard they fit. Met a guy named Juhan, he's mates with Junhyuk and he was telling me about it, sounds like it wouldn't look too bad but... am yet to see it.
yupp mine are r33 skirts and lip
Pics! Are they standard sideskirts or aftermarket ones?

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1261
Im pretty sure they are the standard r33 side skirts. They look like their factory JZX90 ones
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Standard R33 sedan side skirts with some custom modification on the rear to fit.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Does this apply to jzx100s too?

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

Anyone else with a JZX90 struggle with axle tramp? If so, what did you do to fix it?

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Driftmonkey wrote:Anyone else with a JZX90 struggle with axle tramp? If so, what did you do to fix it?
Had axle tramp issues in a few of my cars, easiest way to solve it, solid bushings. They keep everything nice and tight and stop any movement what so ever. If you don't want solid bushings (can make some rides too hard) then go for nolothane/powerflex/superpro bushings

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Driftmonkey wrote:Anyone else with a JZX90 struggle with axle tramp? If so, what did you do to fix it?
As said above, anything to stiffen it up will help, but I don't think you're gonna get rid of it all together. I run TRD diff bushes, alloy subframe collars, bc golds, Cusco swaybars, semi solid engine and gearbox mounts few other things I can't think of right now, you could say my car is pretty rigid, but it still tramps :|
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Reading up further on axle tramp. It has alot to do with the spring set up too. The softer the spring arrangement the less likely the tramp. Most aftermarket coils like BC, Tein, Cusco and D2's etc have a fairly aggressive spring rate compared to factory so on heavy take off the springs raise the car up instead of letting it squat for a little (simliar to drag cars but not as much squat is needed for the streets) If you change your bushes and still have tramp try a softer spring arrangement or softer damper setting (if you can). I just changed the bushings in mine and it seemed to dissapear so must not have been too bad.

Furthermore, alot of guys on the Supra forums (my previous life) have suffered through it and there is a lot of information of the US supraforums site about how to combat it, which brands of shocks reduce or remove the tramp, I'm sure there would be something similar on jzxworld

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

I actually started an axle tramp thread over on jzxworld bout a year ago. Lemme just dig it up...
Edit: Here

General consensus is... buy new shocks/coilovers. But basically, if it's a JZX, it's gonna tramp to some degree regardless :(
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament