Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
driftouteast

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by driftouteast »

If you broke those i would give you a hearty high five.
I think you should take me for a ride next time :D

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Solid mounts would have negated need for engine damper :P

Curious as to how those mounts are constructed...

As for if the damper would fit, depends where its designed to mount to on the engine really, whether that spot is available on the 2JZ... hunch is the plenum and/or PS reservoir might interfere...

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

driftouteast wrote:If you broke those i would give you a hearty high five.
I think you should take me for a ride next time :D
You should be driving your own car at the next one ;) as you've seen, Phelpsy does alright in his 1gfe Altezza so you've got no excuses :P
Haha nah, sure man come for a blat in mine next time :)
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Looonie wrote:Solid mounts would have negated need for engine damper :P

Curious as to how those mounts are constructed...

As for if the damper would fit, depends where its designed to mount to on the engine really, whether that spot is available on the 2JZ... hunch is the plenum and/or PS reservoir might interfere...
Yeah, but they also would've made it hell to drive on Aucklands lovely pothole filled roads :lol: and it'd mean i'd have to go for a solid gearbox mount too, can't really have two solid mounts up front and then a rubber mount under the box.

Not sure how the Vibra Technics mounts are constructed. They come highly recommended by most of the Aussie/UK JZX drifters though and are apparently a million times better than TRD mounts (which funnily enough are more expensive) so I think they'll be sweet.

The damper goes on the other side of the engine (pic below), it looks like it'll work sweet, worst case scenario might need a custom bracket made up...

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

I will be driving one of my cars next time. Or i will not be happy.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Yusss :D

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

The Vibra-Technics mounts have arrived :D also ordered a WELD semi rigid gearbox mount off Yahoo Japan so just waiting on that before I chuck it all in. And decided to grab a torque damper afterall, shouldn't be too much of an issue making it work.

After driving around for a few weeks with the coilovers in, I've come to the conclusion that coilovers + torsen sucks ass. The springs are set at max travel, but obviously there still isn't even close to the amount of travel you have with stock springs. So it has a tendency to lift a wheel off the ground when trying to get up a driveway. Which means the torsen suddenly opens up and you sit there at the entrance of the driveway doing a single pegger burnout. Embarrassing, especially if you have to get out and push it :lol:

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Those Vibra-Technics mounts, best money I've spent on the car, no shit. The difference they make is crazy!

Also the car is finally all one colour. Halfway through chucking some new oil in the gearbox, fitting the WELD semi rigid gearbox mount and 4.3 locker, so I'll get a pic tomorrow when it's back on the ground provided it doesn't rain.

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

hey man care to elaborate on the difference those mounts make? school me as those yankees say

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Yeah man, better turn-in response. Gear shift quality improved. Engine response is better especially off the line. Only downside is there's heaps more vibration transferred through to the body so the dash and door cards rattle now (mainly at idle and when taking off in 1st) :lol: but the good outweighs the bad IMO.