Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
gtivvl

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by gtivvl »

just goto a wrecker and get a jzx90 drivers side rail and butcher it to suit. Prob cost all of $20

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Being a Toyota, i'd expect to pay more like $15,490 from a wrecker :lol: and then technically i'd have to cert it. Will see how much it'll cost to bring one in through Ewan (I see them on Yahoo Japan for around the $130 mark)... if too expensive I might just pull the drivers rail out of my parts car and mod that to suit (though it's a GX90 so the seats sit alot higher, not sure if that's the rails or the seat itself).

In other news, my power steering pump shat itself last weekend. $225 for a second hand Supra one... :(
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Thats teh sucks... I think I just sold both my spares too.

As for the rail, I would say get a super low from Japan, but then you're not a monstrosity like me so you probably don't want to sit on the floor :D I don't think I ever got around to procuring a rail for this bad boy, pretty sure all the ones in my shed are A70/Z20 ones. Should be easy and cheap enough to get one though. I think I was in the process of trying to find an altezza rail to compare but never got around to it.

M'f'in'shitz cheap as chips yo! :P

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... x224984232
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h164145810
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d132088901

Pity you've just missed the container.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha no worries. I ended up ringing around on Friday arvo for a power steering pump, doing a skid pad day tomorrow so I probably shouldn't have left the pump to the last minute, I basically had to buy the first one I could find.
Oh sheit! Gonna have to keep my eye on that first one I think, that'd be perfect. At that price i'd probably flag the container shipping and go standard sea freight... I used it to get some SSR Formula Meshes here, was cheap as hell and only took about 3 weeks.

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

PSIBRG wrote:Haha no worries. I ended up ringing around on Friday arvo for a power steering pump, doing a skid pad day tomorrow so I probably shouldn't have left the pump to the last minute, I basically had to buy the first one I could find.
Oh sheit! Gonna have to keep my eye on that first one I think, that'd be perfect. At that price i'd probably flag the container shipping and go standard sea freight... I used it to get some SSR Formula Meshes here, was cheap as hell and only took about 3 weeks.
Hey how much was that sea shipping? Was looking at getting a factory lip kit for the mark ii, but Ewans container has already gone

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

gtivvl wrote:Hey how much was that sea shipping? Was looking at getting a factory lip kit for the mark ii, but Ewans container has already gone
17700yen, so about $285 at the current rate for a set of 4x 15x8's. Not much more than container shipping I believe? It's charged by weight so a lip kit should be alot cheaper i'd think.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

So I headed along to Hampton Downs today to get some skid pad seat time. Ended up spending ~5 minutes total on the pad, and the rest of the day under the car :lol:

First the rad fan lodged itself in the shroud and wouldn't spin, which from what we could tell, overheated the viscous unit. So even after we freed it from the shroud it didn't spin anyway. Let it cool down for a while and then it was sweet, so hopped into the car to go back out, went to chuck it into reverse and the gearstick went all the way over to the right and hit the handbrake :lol:

Hopped out and popped the bonnet again and saw that the engine had jumped out of both it's left and right mounts :shock: , and everything had rotated slightly hence the fan hitting the shroud and the gearstick hitting the handbrake :|

Engine mounts were a bit shit before but they're toast now. Only thing I can think of that would cause it to completely dislodge itself is the epic fucking axle tramp that this car suffers from for some reason :? Anyway got a bit of help and managed to get the motor back in the mounts. Called it a day at that. Stink as, but that's just the way it goes...

So.. list of shit to do before next skid day...
Engine mounts
Ditch annoying viscous fan for a pair of electric ones... alloy rad while i'm at it
4.3 Locker
Try to look into whats causing this wheel hop issue before it really wrecks some shit

Some evidence of my 5 minutes of glory :lol:

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

PSIBRG wrote:
gtivvl wrote:Hey how much was that sea shipping? Was looking at getting a factory lip kit for the mark ii, but Ewans container has already gone
17700yen, so about $285 at the current rate for a set of 4x 15x8's. Not much more than container shipping I believe? It's charged by weight so a lip kit should be alot cheaper i'd think.
damn not bad did you have to go through someone or did you sort it urself?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

gtivvl wrote:damn not bad did you have to go through someone or did you sort it urself?
I usually use Ewan from Hayatonka, but at the time when I bought the wheels he was on holiday back here in NZ. So I used Jesse Streeter. I've had quotes from both of them for a few items in the past and i've gotta say Streeter usually has a slightly lower commission, but I like supporting Ewan cause he's a kiwi :)

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Picked up a Recaro SR3 for $150, Bride rails for $47 + shipping and a spin turn knob thrown in for good measure :D