Thomas D' Great's X90 mark 2

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
lofreq

Re: Thomas D' Great's X90 mark 2

Post by lofreq »

good luck finding a 2jz gte ecu to control the turbos if youre not going full custom.

2jz ge loom will probably have a shitload of missing wires and plugs to control the stock twin turbo setup - the loom is even different between 2j turbo aristo and 2j turbo supra... so again good luck

youre gona need custom driveshaft to connect the gb end to the diff end, and will probably find clearance issues and hanger bearing issues

stock gx axles halfshafts etc will prob snap with boost thru it they are spindly as fuck

stock brakes will not stop you also

youre gonna need tourer V power steer lines cus your gx stuff will be all wrong

and u will have probs with clutch master clearance to the 2nd turbo

radiator feed and return hoses will need to be custom or creative

get ready for your factory tacho to never work again

get ready for full custom exhaust and clearance issues

and this is only the list of small shit not even mentioning the swap itself

if this guy can do all this in 2 weeks by himself he should open his own shop and call it Magicland Motorswaps unLtd because it will be one hell of a job

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Yo nigel - yea i am aware of those things :) thanks for pointing stuff tho - rear subfrrame  - axcles steering rack are all coming from my mates donor car but and the guy doin the conversion did mention about twinturbos not fitting earlier when he checked my car :( he said to just put the engine in as it is first and just put the manual conversion for less complications.. it'll still be a huge difference coming from what my car is now even if its NA.. turbos can come in the future but yea thats pretty much the plan for now aye.. just gathering parts for future tune up :) like 1jzgte head etc.. any advice? that would be the best way to do it aye?
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

glad u know - i had to figure it all myself

you really sure a 1jzgte head is going to be a straight job? you really really sure???? i know everyone thinks they just plug together like lego... but ive read real experiences that differ. for not much gain unless youre flowing 2bar all day.

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

dom wrote:
FLAWLES wrote:a big single will solve your issuses haha
lsd.............torsen..........locker.............mandatory
r154 isnt even your vocabulary is it jared? defs need manual.

sex and pizza is in my vocabulary but this r154 thingy so is not..........not yet anyway ha

massive debate in regards to the 1.5j aye, some people say you make good power others say its a waste of time, and to be honest i dont know enough about the swap to even start looking into it ( should never have suggested it ), would rather just go vvti 2jz with a good turbo set up would make me happy

rather than rushing into shit my advice would be the following

peace it all together bit by bit, may take abit longer but its worth it in the long run and makes the small niggly bits less of a hassle
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

1jzgte head wont be a straight job - needs a few mods to fit the 2jz block - . like screw bolts in.. but the ports? im not sure .. im not even sure if the flow is better - theres no proof or whatever- there's a particular reason why they made 2jz with that particular head.. not by much but still better.. now im starting to think why people made 1.5.. is it because they destroy their bottom end?coz it would be knowledgable to change it to a stronger block such as 2jz block rather than rebuilding the new one. lol.. im just thinkin aye... 1.5 has been bugging me for quite a while now today. i will have a 2jzge engine with all those stuff in it needed for transplant - and all those jz bits.. and im quite happy just having a 2jzge engine for now - dont have to spend anything.. .. but im also thinkin of somethhing different :) i'll post it up later
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Alex

Post by Alex »

just do what i told you.. 2jzGE NA extractors.. cams.. exhaust intake.. manual.. tune.. BAM
unique.. different.. enough power.. and will sound awesome

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

keep the 1g unless you're gonna do a 2JZ-GE + 5 speed conversion. Speaking of manual conversions, would a 6 speed Altezza gbox be a good alternative to the normal 5 speed w5x? it's remote shift and all....

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

murdoko wrote:keep the 1g unless you're gonna do a 2JZ-GE + 5 speed conversion. Speaking of manual conversions, would a 6 speed Altezza gbox be a good alternative to the normal 5 speed w5x? it's remote shift and all....
but it wont bolt up unless you run an adapter plate

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Altezza Gita (wagons) are 2JZ-GE powered, not sure if they ever came in a manual flavour but if they did that could be a bolt-on option?
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

i thought those 2jzge altezza were all 4wd?

Edit: Turns out they came 4wd and 2wd but only in auto