Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PSIBRG

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha errr.. nah, i like how it is now. Will take another photo tomorrow from eye level to please the haters :P
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

I guess everyone thought I was too fragile to take feedback when I showed up at the JZX meet with the car in that exact same configuration (less the end caps) :)

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Either that or they didn't want to get their asses kicked. You're a bit of a giant haha :lol:

Honestly man, you've built one badass looking car! Every one of my mates/workmates who has seen it loves it :) Gets looks everywhere it goes, and its not cause 'omg the skirts are mismatched bro' :lol:

18"s are on now. Just kinda wish I went for 45 profiles rather than 40's, bit of guard gap going on. Didn't want to have to lower the car any more but I think a 1" drop in the rear and 1/2" drop in the front might be in order. Can't be bothered taking it out for a shoot, will do one later for sure. For now, here's some photos I just took in my driveway...

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

that car is on the money!

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Cheers man! Took it out for some photos tonight but forgot to charge the camera battery so only managed a few shots..

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Looking good bro! needs more lowering lol :P
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Looks a lot better now haha. Now i see what you mean: factory skirts wont suit the lip. Lines on the x90s are classic!

PS.. Is there anyway you can paint that gray/black bit above the skirts white??

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Dropped the car at my mates workshop WOF today, basically asked him to go over the car with a fine toothed comb. Passed no problem. He was actually quite surprised at how tidy it is underneath, everything has been kept in good order, no evidence of it ever having a hard life in the past. Credit to Looonie for keeping it in good shape :) Got a rather bad oil leak from the rocker cover gaskets, been leaking for a long time by the looks of things, block and trans are covered in oil. Will get onto that asap. Apart from that, everything is all gravy :)
murdoko wrote:Looks a lot better now haha. Now i see what you mean: factory skirts wont suit the lip. Lines on the x90s are classic!

That bit is rubber. I've been looking at pics of x90's around the place, and it looks like quite a few people remove them altogether? Might be worth looking into. Kinda looks empty without though...

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

PSIBRG wrote:Dropped the car at my mates workshop WOF today, basically asked him to go over the car with a fine toothed comb. Passed no problem. He was actually quite surprised at how tidy it is underneath, everything has been kept in good order, no evidence of it ever having a hard life in the past. Credit to Looonie for keeping it in good shape :) Got a rather bad oil leak from the rocker cover gaskets, been leaking for a long time by the looks of things, block and trans are covered in oil. Will get onto that asap. Apart from that, everything is all gravy :)
murdoko wrote:Looks a lot better now haha. Now i see what you mean: factory skirts wont suit the lip. Lines on the x90s are classic!

That bit is rubber. I've been looking at pics of x90's around the place, and it looks like quite a few people remove them altogether? Might be worth looking into. Kinda looks empty without though...

Shit dude, sorry I completely forgot to say - I think there is oil leaking from the rear main seal which is probably the cause of most of what you see around the transmission/sump area. There may be a leak from the rocker cover gaskets also though, I've never really looked.

Also, having driven your car I reckon a lot of what we discussed about the sluggishness could probably be due to the torque converter, its still the original factory item so chances are its a bit worn and sloppy (like an 80 year old life long hookers *whistle*), so depending how soon you plan to go with the manual conversion, could pay to put in a new/lower km torque converter as well as replace the rear main seal?

Regarding the black strip on the bottom of the doors, above the skirt. Its actually a painted metal strip with rubber ends. It pops off easily enough (but is a whore to get back on), so can be painted seperately. Another one of those things that was on my "to do list" when I trimmed up the skirts and got them painted. I don't think anybody removes them though as that would leave a noticeable "step" inwards at the bottom of the door line, along with the holes for mounting, most people just paint them to match.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »