Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PSIBRG

Re: Not quite a JZX90

Post by PSIBRG »

PowderJZX wrote:Not me :D probably james wilson? or james NST :D maybe its a 1jz non trubo lol
Haha yeah I think it was a 1JZ non turbo. Was going to show him a stutter box launch at the intersection but he turned :( :lol: :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxlZuiNocM :twisted:
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

PSIBRG

Re: Not quite a JZX90

Post by PSIBRG »

Update time...

Treated the Mark II to a partial service today. Swapped in a new OEM air filter and 6 new spark plugs. The old stuff was horrible, this car hasn't really received much love in the past when it comes to servicing. The spark plugs took a bit of elbow grease to crank loose, and they looked a bloody mess. And the air filter (originally white) was a dark shade of gray, and had built up quite a collection of bees/feathers/leaves :roll:

She runs so much smoother now :) Ran out of daylight so didn't manage to do oil/filter, but will do tomorrow if it's not raining. Then new rocker cover gaskets and associated seals, throttle body gasket, might replace the cat with a resonator cause i'm pretty sure it's a bit blocked (rotten egg smell), and then that's it engine wise till I can afford a 1J/2J to replace it with.

Dropped my 18"s off at Arrow Wheels the other day to get them cleaned up, all curbing removed, and outer rim repolished. Should be ready on Monday. And I just picked up some near new 235/40 GT Radials for the 10" wide rears... $185 for the pair which I think is a bit of a score considering they have about 7mm tread across the width of the tyres :D . Now just gotta find some 225's for the fronts, and then chuck em on, roll the guards, and slam it to the ground 8-)

Also gotta start swapping the good panels and factory Tourer V kit over from my parts car so I can get rid of it, bloody thing is taking up too much driveway space! Must stop procrastinating!!

PSIBRG

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by PSIBRG »

Did a deal with Looonie, and have ended up in possession of the mighty JZX91 :D

Gave the headlights a quick cut and polish and bolted on my end caps. Got quite a few parts to go on to it, just gotta wait for a nice day.

Here's how she's sittin at the moment (and yes, it needs a wash)

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

not sure if the skirts visually flow with the front lip and endcaps...

the lip and endcaps seem to be cohesive..... but the skirts in the middle.... almost too boxy, too low to match????

where were the other skirts that were around?

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

*sigh* :(

Nige: He took possession of the vertex skirts on the car and also my set of BN type skirts, I've kept the Traum skirts.

I wonder if maybe the factory skirts would look better, but then the front lip would be too much IMO. Really it just needs a bigger rear lip to level it all out.

twojayzeejza

Post by twojayzeejza »

yeh agree with nigel kits all off
Toyota Supra JZA80 1996 manual turbo

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Yeah a rear lip will definitely balance it out. I'm not made of money though haha, so this will do for now ;)

The kit actually flows a bit better in person, the angle of the photos throws it out a bit :) The first two were taken from ground level. When you're actually standing, the front lip looks more level with the side skirts. But it's not uncommon for front kits/lips to be a tad higher than skirts anyway. Means I can get the car a bit lower and still be able to get up my driveway.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

dont you have a set of factory side skirts? try it out! Im curious how it would look like with factory skirts and endcaps and that front lip :)

easy enuf to reverse the process anywayz

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha nah, the factory skirts are tiny compared to the Vertex ones, they pretty much line up with the bottom of the end caps. With them on, the front lip would look like a snow plough haha.

Alex

Post by Alex »

so take off the front lip and put factory skirts on :)