JZX101 Owners

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
gunts77

Re: JZX101 Owners

Post by gunts77 »

it looks similar to the trd grile but im sure its not. got a spot in the centre about the same size as a "toyota" badge would fit onto. its probably just an optional grile like flawless said
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Alex wrote:perty sure this has the TRD grill like mine.
if you want to be bankrupt i would just go NA 2JZGE, cams, bit of head work. exhaust, extractors,
Ecu and tune. maybe turbo injectors / pump?
should see a nice power figure..
then just w58 it and you will be away laughing

:)

Worked NA 2JZ is pretty cool idea, but expensive in practice... and IMO better suited to a sub 1100kg car...

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

i missed out on buying this car in like 2008 on trademe and kicked myself ever since. glad to see its still around - awesome!

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

lofreq wrote:i missed out on buying this car in like 2008 on trademe and kicked myself ever since. glad to see its still around - awesome!
Had to get the body kit fixed up after i bought it, had a few good cracks in it.
Had to pull off the tints too, 11%rear 22% front, got pulled up by cop and fined for them :(
You'd be glad you missed out on it with all the trouble its been giving me.
Lower ball joint snapped on me just coming out of an intersection at low speed. Still not fixed properly, thank you very much Waikato Toyota! Got a massive misfire atm too. Cant get that fixed till i pay for the last round of toyota doing nothing to my car.
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

joeb

Post by joeb »

Hi! :D
I've just registered with JZX NZ. I too have a JZX101. 1997 Blue Mica, digital dash, electric seat, all the top spec gear. Completely stock at the moment. I imported it myself with 72k on the clock about 4 years ago. Now done about 135k. Got a bit sick of the JAP gps/tv so put in a doubledin tv/dvd/stereo. Pretty happy with it just budget doesn't allow any mods at the mo'.
Just had a side airbag sensor fail. Found one from a guy in Christchurch, very reasonable price.

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

Told of a new way to supercharge my engine with an estima supercharger haha :lol:
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

if you really wanna be different twin charge it lol....then you will have response and top end.

is that a factory colour?

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

As far as I know it is, not sure if it was only facelift models that got this colour. Never seen another this colour yet but one of the other guys on here has the blue mica as well
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

gtivvl wrote:if you really wanna be different twin charge it lol....then you will have response and top end.

is that a factory colour?
Had thought of that! lol
If a levin can do it why can't I haha

Not sure it is a factory colour now, is printed on th vin that got put on it when it was imported so would have been repainted there, it more the altessa blue. Looks cool when all polished up hard
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

Front grille is a vertex grille. As far as i know this car is factory Blue Mica. Most blue x100s are Dark Blue Mica. Get my car with the new bumper back next friday just before the rota nats. I thinks the boys should have a cruise down to hamilton that weekend haha ;)
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser