1303Steve

New JZX110 owner

Post by 1303Steve »

Hi
Steve Carter
Lugarno NSW
NRMA Road Service Patrol
JZX110, factory manual
Haltech Elite 750, came with car as the factory ECU had issues. It has some ugly 18 inch wheels on it now, sizing up suitable 19 inch wheels now. I recently fitted some BC coilovers with 21kg front and 17kg rears, my son and I decided on this rate after test driving other 110s with softer springs, it rides surprisingly well.

I'm in my 60s but a do a bit of motorsport, just did a wet pan at Eastern Creek in Sydney and I found the JZX much nicer to slide than my old 180SX. I will do the odd drift event and supersprint in it, my son has two drift cars which are often broken so he will use the 110 again for social drifting as he used my old 180SX.

I joined JZX NZ so that I could learn what other people are doing with their cars.

I'm planning on fitting a front mount and 3 inch exhaust but still using the stock turbo with a Tomei dump.

I'm not after lots of power, I already have one stupid car a 73 VW Beetle with a stroked and forged EJ207 motor, GTX30/76, Tomei cams, G50 Porsche transmission, Porsche Boxster brakes etc

ps how do you load photos

m989

Re: New JZX110 owner

Post by m989 »

Welcome!

Sounds like you have picked up a decent car to start with, are you planning to keep the torsen or put in a mechanical LSD?

Hopefully you will find some threads of interest here, unfortunately everyone seems to have shifted to FB and the aussie JZX site is RIP.

1303Steve

Post by 1303Steve »

Hi

Thanks for the welcome, the torsen seems to be working OK for now. My son did a drift "practice day" in it at Wakefield Park about an 1.45 minute drive from our house last weekend and the stock diff didn't present any issues.

It has lot of rear end grip even running 235/35 19 Nitto Invos, hopefully the exhaust and front mount will wake it up a bit.

We checked the boost that its running and its already at around 12 psi so nowhere to go there with a stock turbo.

Cheers Steve

m989

Post by m989 »

Never driven/drifted with a torsen myself, only a dangerous open diff before getting a 2 way in there. A freeflowing dump pipe/exhaust will definitely help it! Stock dump is especially restrictive...