jzx100 towbar

Moderator: PowderJZX

BrownoutsJZX

jzx100 towbar

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

not sure if it's a possibility, but im after a towbar that will bolt up to my jzx100 chaser. or is there other toyota models that have the same set up for straight bolt on?

Thanks.

FLAWLES

Re: jzx100 towbar

Post by FLAWLES »

what are you intending to tow?

normal trailers and stuff would be fine, but car and boat trailers wouldnt be, im dam sure in the oem owners manual it says not to put a tow bar on the chassis, doesnt exact;y say why but i could take a stab in the dark and say its because its not a full chassis car

also i had a yarn to the dude who does all the hilux tow bars for TNZ about this type of thing as i was going to slap a bar on my x100 to tow my boat, he basicly said no..but he would like to have a look at it first just to confirm his no

you could go talk to pro bars in hamilton, tho, a set up normaly costs around about $300 installed with wiring

also of the top of my head if you could get away with it your draw bar rating will be super low, i.e 500kg un braked and maybe 800kg braked

p.s saw your car a few weeks ago parked at smith and mckenzies, looks rad dude
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

I've got one that came off my JZX91. Would imagine it'll go straight into a JZX100. Comes with the wiring plug and bolts too.

BrownoutsJZX

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

hey loonie, would be keen to see if it bolts up to my 100 chassis if your willing to sell it?

Flawles- its only to tow my mx bike around dude, and its a weenie mx trailer that weighs no more than 500kg. so very light load shouldnt effect the ol' girl.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

BrownoutsJZX wrote:hey loonie, would be keen to see if it bolts up to my 100 chassis if your willing to sell it?

Flawles- its only to tow my mx bike around dude, and its a weenie mx trailer that weighs no more than 500kg. so very light load shouldnt effect the ol' girl.
Yeah mate, its for sale. It replaces the rear crash bar and slots into the chassis rails/floor support rails, so you need to remove the rear bumper to fit it. So you're welcome to remove your bumper and rock on over to see if it fits the rails :)

BrownoutsJZX

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

Looonie wrote:
BrownoutsJZX wrote:hey loonie, would be keen to see if it bolts up to my 100 chassis if your willing to sell it?

Yeah mate, its for sale. It replaces the rear crash bar and slots into the chassis rails/floor support rails, so you need to remove the rear bumper to fit it. So you're welcome to remove your bumper and rock on over to see if it fits the rails :)
sweet dude, mobile number? and ill flick you a txt. and how much are you after?
Cheers.

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

give him a call on 021 066 8686
he never says no to me pimping him out haha

Logan

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

ch4sernz wrote:give him a call on 021 066 8686
he never says no to me pimping him out haha

Logan
Only coz you've got the lowest percentage commission of any pimp I know...

And your backhand is weak ;)

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

my pimp hand was strong... then i ran out of pimp powder...

Logan

Glancn

Post by Glancn »

I forked out $500 for a custom made one from Aro Bros in Penrose, Auckland. Pricey but quality work. Was for towing cars.