WTB; 1JZGTE VVTi

Moderator: PowderJZX

SimonMkII

WTB; 1JZGTE VVTi

Post by SimonMkII »

Looking for a 1JZGTE VVTi.
Basically my car has been burning oil for a while, it's now using about 1-2 liters per tank of fuel! :roll: and I get major smoke out the back on full throttle and deceleration :(
I'm hoping to get a complete 1JZ and drop it straight in.
Reply here or drop me an email if you have anything or know anyone that does :D

archon

Re: WTB; 1JZGTE VVTi

Post by archon »

What engine is in there now? What breather set up are you using? On a turbo engine with a failing PCV valve it will be pressurising the crank case and blowing oil out wherever it can.

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

It's got a 1JZGTE. Most of the factory intake is gone, so I have no idea if the breather is hooked up properly. Didn't really think about that :/
Will have to check that out tomorrow after work, too cold out there at the moment.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

archon wrote:What engine is in there now? What breather set up are you using? On a turbo engine with a failing PCV valve it will be pressurising the crank case and blowing oil out wherever it can.
Thats what was causing mine to smoke. A $5 can of brakeclean fixed it all :)
the PCV is located on the right hand side of the rocker cover. It should pull out quite easily and they tend to block up over time. When clean, the ball bearing inside and spring should move freely :)

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

Tofu wrote: Thats what was causing mine to smoke. A $5 can of brakeclean fixed it all :)
the PCV is located on the right hand side of the rocker cover. It should pull out quite easily and they tend to block up over time. When clean, the ball bearing inside and spring should move freely :)
Shit I didn't even realise that was a valve in there, I thought it was just a piece of tube to connect the hose to. We are talking about the little metal tube that sticks out of the rh (drivers) side rocker cover?

archon

Post by archon »

SimonMkII wrote: Shit I didn't even realise that was a valve in there, I thought it was just a piece of tube to connect the hose to. We are talking about the little metal tube that sticks out of the rh (drivers) side rocker cover?
It should be on the passenger side (right hand side when looking from front) and plugs straight into the cam cover. The rubber bung gets very brittle though so be careful it doesn't break and fall inside when you pull the valve out (it happened to me and it sucks big time having to pull the cover off to get bits out).

Under vacuum it takes air via the filter, through the rocker and pulls vapours out the passenger side cam cover into the intake manifold and burns it. Under boost the PCV valve should shut completely.

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

I cleaned out the pcv valve and it's still smoking :( guess that wasn't the problem.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Not the turbo seals?