FS / EOI: JZX100 Mark II parts (manual)

Moderator: PowderJZX

~Slideways~

FS / EOI: JZX100 Mark II parts (manual)

Post by ~Slideways~ »

I am thinking about bringing in a JZX100 for the engine and gearbox, for a conversion into something else.

NOTE: this was NA JZX100 converted to 1JZGTE and manual.

I am working out if it is worth buying to part out (all the fees, GST, shipping etc)

If I do I will have for sale (details to be confirmed when I get it):
- Manual Drive shaft, pedal box, handbrake + cable + trim, shifter boot + trim, clutch master (all except the actual R154)
- coilovers
- aftermarket LSD (probably whole subframe)
- Front strut brace
- Brakes (unsure if Tourer V converted or not)
- facelift boot and lights
- Headlights
- All panels, glass, trim etc etc

Would anyone be interested in these parts?

~Slideways~

Re: FS / EOI: JZX100 Mark II parts (manual)

Post by ~Slideways~ »

Kind of surprised no one would be interested in the hard to get manual conversion parts?

I think I will still get it but sell through Trademe for a bigger market.

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

How much is it to import the car in total? Was thinking of doing this myself if the wife will let me haha. Think most are waiting to see what price you want for the parts ;)
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

~Slideways~

Post by ~Slideways~ »

gunts77 wrote:How much is it to import the car in total? Was thinking of doing this myself if the wife will let me haha. Think most are waiting to see what price you want for the parts ;)
Hey mate, I see what you are getting at with prices. But not even a 'yep, depending on price' looks like zero interest on this forum.

Cost is quite a bit more than I was hoping for, probably around $3k on top of the purchase price without even trying to register it here (SIV is the only option, and very unlikely). You have to pay GST in NZ on the purchase price and shipping (shipping is about $1400), then MAF in NZ might want to steam clean and fumigate (up to $400 + gst), transport charges in Japan and in NZ, auction fee and recycle tax in Japan, agent fee's etc etc.

It just mounts up.

And the other thing is manual JZX100's still fetch high prices in Japan, auto's can be cheap though, the initial purchase at least.

Go have a look on Yahoo Japan Auctions to get a price then add 3-4k on top.

~Slideways~

Post by ~Slideways~ »

Also I never intended on importing something that could be registered in NZ.

It is possible but very hard to be sure that you aren't getting something that has been repaired or rusty (a lot of the time they just say 'not understood' which would be a waste of time and money trying to register here.

I'm importing for parts only, have never done it before so I have to know that I can make some money back by selling parts I don't need, else I might as well have bought the parts in NZ.

gunts77

Post by gunts77 »

If i imported a car it would be soley for the tourer v parts and manual gearbox and bits. Wouldnt need the engine as mine a 2j and want to go with that than change 2 a 1j. Want love to go full supra running gear, 6 speed and all. Seen a chaser on yahoo with it all done, and yes they still want a lot of money for them. Would love to know where to find the half cuts.
If im going to import a running car it would have to be a new shape supercharged mark X G's. :D
Blue mica JZX101 Chaser

~Slideways~

Post by ~Slideways~ »

From what I understand, Yahoo Japan Auctions don't list half cuts.

So best you can do is look for a car then pay someone like Stacked, Inc to cut it into a half cut and send over in a container. Someone like Moonlight Racing in NZ could organize bringing it over in a container with other peoples orders to save a bit of money and share the cost. Still an expensive exercise.

I also looked at importing an RZ Supra but they are hard to come by at the best of times and priced accordingly.

I'll have some of the useful hard to come by parts with this car that you could use. Such as the manual pedal box, manual trim, manual handbrake location, trims and cables. Unsure if you could use the driveshaft with a V160/161 Supra box though.

bridgie

Post by bridgie »

- Manual Drive shaft, pedal box, handbrake + cable + trim, shifter boot + trim, clutch master (all except the actual R154)
- coilovers
@~Slideways~ How much you looking at for these? Be cool if you could do a breakdown rather than all inclusive guestimate too.

~Slideways~

Post by ~Slideways~ »

bridgie wrote:
- coilovers
@~Slideways~ How much you looking at for these? Be cool if you could do a breakdown rather than all inclusive guestimate too.
Hey mate,

I haven't come up with any prices yet, just working on getting the car first.

l'll come up with some prices when I have the car and the final cost to bring it in. I'm really tempted to keep the stuff to convert my Chaser, but the idea was to sell the parts to help offset the cost to buy and ship it over (while keeping what I need for another non-JZX project).

I'll probably put them on Trademe to let the market judge, there doesn't seem to be much activity on this forum anymore to get a decent price and the manual parts really don't come up often.

FYI, the LSD is unconfirmed but I'll pull it apart when it gets here and find out.

Also extra parts:
TEIN coilovers (as well as the ones that came on it)
Mark II carbon/FG bonnet. Looks to need some work maybe a respray.
Tourer-V front seats (will confirm if all electrics work).

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

If they're Tourer V axles, I'm 1000% interested