JZX100 srs light. and snow traction HELP!! PLEASE!!

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

perentti

JZX100 srs light. and snow traction HELP!! PLEASE!!

Post by perentti »

Hi, i just imported a auto jzx100 and the srs (airbag) light keep stay on all the time once you turn the key. i use my computer fround out it said the " srs module fault or fuse fault" and i checked the fuse is alright. Then could anyone PLEASE help me where is the module or anyone see this problem before?

Another thing is every time i go side way :P. Just after about 2sc when i go side, the snow traction kick in ( when the "snow traction" is off). then i lost the boots and power. May i ask is that because i need turn off the "traction control" off ( different batton then the "snow traction"), Or is there has a problem?

PLEASE HELP!!!

THANKS!!

Caruna

Re: JZX100 srs light. and snow traction HELP!! PLEASE!!

Post by Caruna »

Cant help with the srs light, i just pulled the bulb out of the dash to sort my srs light problem out.
And yea you will need to turn off the traction control if you want it to slide. Or in turn you can just unplug both of the plugs on the front of the throttle body ( the 2 furthest from the intake plenum) as these are the 2 that work with traction control and snow control to operate the second butterfly inside the throttle body.
Cheap wastegates cost motors

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

Possibly clockspring ribbon cable has snapped. I damaged mine replacing the steering wheel and was lucky enough to find the the hilux surf uses the same one. The clockspring allows you to turn your wheel while keeping a constant electrical connection with the ecu and is usually the cause of airbag warnings

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Although I don't think it's good to do ;) on another car I rewired the SRS light to the engine check light, that way it shows up when the car is on and switches off when the car starts. Got it through the WOF test

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

nice workaround, i think clocksprings are about $300 new from toyota, one i got from the surf was $40 off TM

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

you need to replace this

it sits behind your steering wheel,
easy job to replace just disconnect your battery and leave the car alone for 10mins before you take the steering off

either that your you have a faulty sensor

as for the TRC, just pull the TRC relay or disconnect the power cable to the TRC motor unit on the throttle body either option will not effect the way the car drives
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

perentti

Post by perentti »

THANKS everyone, i will try fix them this weekend, hope will fix the problem.

perentti

Post by perentti »

shweatypox wrote:Although I don't think it's good to do ;) on another car I rewired the SRS light to the engine check light, that way it shows up when the car is on and switches off when the car starts. Got it through the WOF test
May i ask where do you found the srs wire? or which wire you hotwire. please let me know, lol. because really ........i need to pass the test...........i think pass the test and then slowy fix it when i have time. want to pass the test first.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

perentti wrote:
shweatypox wrote:Although I don't think it's good to do ;) on another car I rewired the SRS light to the engine check light, that way it shows up when the car is on and switches off when the car starts. Got it through the WOF test
May i ask where do you found the srs wire? or which wire you hotwire. please let me know, lol. because really ........i need to pass the test...........i think pass the test and then slowy fix it when i have time. want to pass the test first.
You need to remove the instrument panel, then all I did was run wires from the Check Engine light and connected to the SRS bulb. Was easy in the Mitsi Lancer I did it on, not sure about a JZX :)