Who wants to be the first with a manual mark x?

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

gtivvl

Who wants to be the first with a manual mark x?

Post by gtivvl »

I wish i had the 16k for a mark x so i could buy this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =477926151

damn manual mark x for under 20k if you could do the work yourself....3.5k for a full manual conversion for is250 pretty cheap when u compare to r154 conversions lol

murdoko

Re: Who wants to be the first with a manual mark x?

Post by murdoko »

curious how strong those gearboxes are. Post x110, they switched to lighter alloy v6 blocks, non-turbo engines, etc. I'm guessing those gearboxes are not as strong as R154s and V160s.

Also, makes me think if it's worth converting a Mark X to manual? I reckon the 6 speed autos are already good as they are. Maybe if it's got a 3.5 (x130?) it'd be worth it.

Still, this made me think about importing a Mark X myself.. haha hmmmmmmmmm don't temp me

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

the yanks have supercharged is250s and is350 swaps running factory gearbox so I guess its not that weak as an altezza j160, but yeah a mark x even the 3 litre version is much cheaper then a stock manual is250.

In japan they have a Modelista factory supercharged 3.5L Mark X I wonder when dealers will start importing those?

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Hmmm a camry R5 in Europe (3.5 v6 NA 205kW) is already as fast as a stock jzx on a straight line. let alone a supercharged v6! Also, I wonder how fast a Toyota Blade Master go on a straight line?? (Corolla with a 3.5 V6)

meh, those are alloys blocks, yuck!! Cast iron inline 6 all the way!!! (Biased)