What did you do to your x chassis today

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

yakuza

Re: What did you do to your x chassis today

Post by yakuza »

I thought I'd just liven this topic up a little.

Installed 25mm Spacers on my JZX110 today. Here is what the fitment looks like:

dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

archon

Post by archon »

^^^ How's the guard rub? Through trial and error I've found that an 8" wheel, 30p offset with 235 tyre (while minimising camber) is about the most you'll fit without rolling the lip.

I changed the steering rack bushes in my 110 the other day.

Toyota only sell the passenger side ring type bush for the 110, and not the cotton reel type bushes for the driver's side. Apparently it's because they're too hard to change, so you should just buy a new rack for X thousand dollars. Funnily enough they do sell Altezza cotton reel type bushes separately, but at ~$60 each mates rates (RRP is ~$100 each) I wasn't prepared to gamble that they'd fit.

Ended up grabbing some new genuine Altezza ones through Amayama, at ~$9 each + postage. When I pulled out my old, supposedly non-replaceable, bushes I found a part number on them and......surprise - it was the same as the Altezza ones.

Old v new, and yes they are the same bushing (apparently they take a bit of a hammering...)

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

archon wrote:^^^ How's the guard rub? Through trial and error I've found that an 8" wheel, 30p offset with 235 tyre (while minimising camber) is about the most you'll fit without rolling the lip.

Toyota only sell the passenger side ring type bush for the 110, and not the cotton reel type bushes for the driver's side. Apparently it's because they're too hard to change, so you should just buy a new rack for X thousand dollars. Funnily enough they do sell Altezza cotton reel type bushes separately, but at ~$60 each mates rates (RRP is ~$100 each) I wasn't prepared to gamble that they'd fit.

Ended up grabbing some new genuine Altezza ones through Amayama, at ~$9 each + postage. When I pulled out my old, supposedly non-replaceable, bushes I found a part number on them and......surprise - it was the same as the Altezza ones.

Old v new, and yes they are the same bushing (apparently they take a bit of a hammering...)
The wheels were rubbing hard out. My guards have been pulled around 15-20mm by the previous owner. Will have to get 235/40's as my 245/45's are way to big. Is your 110 an IR-V? can you post some pictures of it?
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

archon wrote:^^^ How's the guard rub? Through trial and error I've found that an 8" wheel, 30p offset with 235 tyre (while minimising camber) is about the most you'll fit without rolling the lip.

I replaced mine as well, got a mate in Japan to buy it from Toyota and air freight it over, was cheap as, part number 45516-SE100 for the left and 45517-SE100 for right

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Did you guys notice much of a difference??

archon

Post by archon »

Yeah it seemed to tighten things up a little, although not sure sure how much was the placebo effect. Over the years I've replaced the lower ball joints, tie rods and shocks so there's not much play in anything anyway.

SE100s are TRD bushes aren't they? I just went with stock ones, 45516-53010 (x2) and 45517-51010.

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

So i woke up. Didn't particularly like the sight of my auto shifter... so

dragged my w58 out of hibernation

slapped this on

looked about right

need to call trimfix

Pedals

Mandatory

Cheers!
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

Chucked a sard r2d2 bov on my chaser tonight
Found a random socket wedged in the factory bov pipe
Been there for the last 6 years and over 50,000 kms I have done in the car

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

I yelled at my 110 the other day and fitted a new SSQV 4 BOV without recirculation. Big no no here in Aus but who cares, not I. And also took of the vertex front kit for the mounting locations to be beefed up. There's only 3 layers of 300gsm glass on the mounts and I bottomed out the other day ripping the drivers side off soooooo time for more fibreglass maybe a dash of carbon

Olly

Post by Olly »

Last edited by Olly on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.