Amatuer JZX100 Questions...???

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

Xypher

Amatuer JZX100 Questions...???

Post by Xypher »

Hey guys!

I have just sold my VR4 and bought my Toyota Chaser 1996.

I am really noob with all this Toyota stuff to be honest I have no clue...

i will post some pics and i have a few simple questions to ask !

So far i know it is a series 1, JZX100, non turbo, auto, 1GFE? engine

Guess this is just the basic version?

I sold the VR4 because i am starting to save and petrol was raping my pocket so the non turbo model is fine for me

I read this on wiki "In 1997 the lineup remained largely unchanged, although a basic Tourer 2.0 L model was added. The Tourer was powered by a 1G-FE engine, capable of 140 PS (103 kW; 138 hp) at 5600 rpm. It was sold with only the 4-speed electronic control type (ECT) automatic transmission." - how can that be when my car is 1996?

A few questions - Any owners here in Chch? How many litres of oil does my engine take when chaning? I heard its 5.4? And is castrol magnatec ok for it as its non turbo? Whats the difference in Type S and Type vs? What is a tourer and avante?? so confused!
Please let me know guys

Thanks , Simon

VR25

Re: Amatuer JZX100 Questions...???

Post by VR25 »

The 1GFE in also fitted to the IS200 Lexus , 4.1 - 4.2 ltrs with O/F replacement .

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

o yea..

a tourer V is powered with 1jzgte + good suspension settings with optional LSD if auto..
Tourer S is 1jzge with better suspension
Tourer is 1gfe with same suspension, brakes etc with tourer v..

Tourer is the sport version of avante whereas avante is the luxury version.. so if you have a tourer, you've got all the suspension settings of a tourer v but just with different engine.

it will be a bit hard to despoiler your car.. you'll need to unscrew it and cover the holes with rubber or silicone.. or you can get it repainted..

there's at least 3-4 owners in CHCH + you

BTW the pic didn't work.. haha use photobucket and copy the image link
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Xypher

Post by Xypher »

thanks guys - but what about this??
I read this on wiki "In 1997 the lineup remained largely unchanged, although a basic Tourer 2.0 L model was added. The Tourer was powered by a 1G-FE engine, capable of 140 PS (103 kW; 138 hp) at 5600 rpm. It was sold with only the 4-speed electronic control type (ECT) automatic transmission." - how can that be when my car is 1996?

and are the fuel tanks 70L ?

Any common problems with 1GFE ?

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

are you 100% sure you car is a 96? chances are that its a 97 but on the import papers it has been marked down wrong
wouldnt be the first

to be 100% sure bput up your chassis code and get one of the toyota lads to double check it

as for the 1g problems............main one i can think of other than gutlessness is its not a jz haha
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Xypher

Post by Xypher »

as for the 1g problems............main one i can think of other than gutlessness is its not a jz haha
LOL

damn you :P

What would a 1GFTE go like lol - or why bother when u can just get 1jz?
Haha true.. your advantage of having a tourer is that you have all the suspension thingies:) body kits, and the good ol tourer interior :P just get a 1jzgte for about $1500 and get it converted + hidden cost.. take it to garage slipway :D no need to customize the mounts:P you can just buy them brandnew..
or a 2jzgte for $2000-$3000.. :D

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

Its a GX100 not a JZX100, might make it more successful if you need to order parts for it

Logan

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Xypher wrote:thanks guys - but what about this??

Any common problems with 1GFE ?
you probably dont have a Tourer, but an Avante instead. what does the name on the boot say?

the main problem with the 1gfe is that is isnt a 1j. the gutlessness of that motor trying to move over 1500kgs of car by spinning some blades thru sludge will probbaly soon drive you crazy.

id say, if you dont swap the motor, you will end up selling the car very frustrated. probably best to decide now, if you intend to engine swap, or not, before you spend a cent more on it... just to save your bank balance :)

good luck!

Xypher

Post by Xypher »

i actually bought the chaser because of the engine it had - no turbos etc after owning my VR4 I was sick of petrol etc

But now im on this forum my mind is changing LOL damn you's!

Xypher

Post by Xypher »

and so it is a GX100 :( aw wannabe JZX. and there is no name on the boot it has been debadged lol