WTB JZX100 Chaser - Differences between Avante & Tourer-S

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

tehsimz

WTB JZX100 Chaser - Differences between Avante & Tourer-S

Post by tehsimz »

Hi Guys,

Been looking into buying my first chaser. I have had a X100 Mark II diesel previously =).

I don't have much of money to start with currently so I think a Tourer V is out of the question... However I am sick of not owning a manual and turbo!

Currently been searching online and I cant find the differences between the Avante & Chaser. The cars I am looking at are both 1jz-ge and auto unfortunately. Seams like they are getting harder and harder to find here in NZ and no body wants to let theirs go =P

I know Tourer S has carbon fiber trim and maybe a different selector, I am wondering what other differences they may have. Maybe an LSD in the Tourer-S ?

My plan is to find a 1JZ-GTE engine with all the goodies and get a W58 box. Want to keep it relatively stock (Rolls eyes) as I want to try keep it as my reliable daily.

Probably initially even keep it NA and just get a gearbox.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great :)

JZ14

Re: WTB JZX100 Chaser - Differences between Avante & Tourer-

Post by JZ14 »

You should buy my JZX110 IR-S and mod it when you have time/money :)

haha

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Tourer variants have rear swaybars. Avantes dont. LSD can be determined by looking at the manufacturer's plate under the bonnet. google the different diff codes. If you're going to keep it in the long run, it doesn't really matter which one you get but I guess Tourer variants are more sought after than avantes.

Also, Tourer variants have gate shifters (auto gearbox) as opposed to the normal linear shifters. This way you can manually shift through different gears without accidentally selecting the wrong gear.

Pre-facelift Tourer variants have the infamous dash lift problem.

tehsimz

Post by tehsimz »

@JZ14. Haha thanks for the offer. I'm sorry I just dont feel the same about the JZX110 as I do the 100 series! I think its because I loved my old mark II alot. What does an Automatic Avante go for vs a Tourer S? From my understanding we don't have many around here to pick and choose from in new zealand?

negative_offset

Post by negative_offset »

How much are you looking at spending? I may look at selling my x100 chaser tourer L, factory manual 99' facelift, w55 with 7.5" torsem lsd rear. 1gfe motor buta jz would only be mounts and bellhousing away. Pm if interested

tehsimz

Post by tehsimz »

negative_offset wrote:How much are you looking at spending? I may look at selling my x100 chaser tourer L, factory manual 99' facelift, w55 with 7.5" torsem lsd rear. 1gfe motor buta jz would only be mounts and bellhousing away. Pm if interested
Hey man not sure I have PM ability. Kinda interested! Were you planning a 1JZ swap? Do you have an email to contact you on, PM me?