JZX100 Dash

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

limitbasher

JZX100 Dash

Post by limitbasher »

Hi i am new to here and was wondering if anyone had problems with their dashboards separating and lifting?
also if anyone has a dash for a jzx100 for sale in northisland i could be keen

Ventourer

Re: JZX100 Dash

Post by Ventourer »

gidday you must have a series one like mine.
i have repaired my dash twice and its still lifting, so i would suggest contacting ewan at stacked previously hayatonka.
you can find his details in the suppliers section.
he can get you a used dash from japan.
theres also a full carbon dash he can get you but expect to pay about $2500

brett204

Post by brett204 »

Yeah its pretty normal. Either get the yellow foam painted and no one will notice or try putting some wooden wedges down against it. Im presuming yours is lifting by the windscreen heater vent.

then all you can do it always make sure you have the windows cracked down a little and use one of those windscreen sun reflector things to keep the temps down in the car.

im pretty sure you can also get dash protectors too

limitbasher

Post by limitbasher »

Cool thanks guys. Thought as much.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

since my car lives outside, it has done the same thing.

i've heard the best way to fix it is to squirt some silicone down into the lifted section and jam some shoes in the corners till it dries.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Ados F2 contact adhesive is the best for this. Had the same issue with my JZA80 and Ados sorted it right out

limitbasher

Post by limitbasher »

It has like a 10mm thick foam bit under the dash so it won't hold down. The car is mint besides it. I just want it fixed haha

Ventourer

Post by Ventourer »

yea i actually removed the dash and scooped out the foam and fashioned a bit of plywood to fill the gap and then epoxied the ply in place, glueing the vinyl surface back down. And yay even that has started to lift.
thats why i think its a bit pointless trying to repair it, and cmon guys really? squirt some silicone down there and jam some shoes on it? thats not better than my precision craftsmanship skills??
like cmon phil you will never get your car into a car mag like that! :D

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Well from personal experience F2 and or F3 ados worked on my JZA80 the one time it was lifting. It also worked on bonding foam to plastic, vinyl and rubber for military aircraft panels and the such so I don't know why it wouldnt work for a dash. Another thing is do you have one of those windscreen protecting things. They work wonders, my 110 lives outside at the moment and in the 40-50 degree days we have here in Adelaide theres no warping or lifting

limitbasher

Post by limitbasher »

Na but I was thinking about getting one. I don't like them but it should hide the worst of it