Would you let go of your JZX for a GT86?

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

murdoko

Would you let go of your JZX for a GT86?

Post by murdoko »

Hi guys, as per title, would you let go of your JZX (say a Tourer V or iR-V manual) to get a GT86 with aero kit, or even a TRD version??? :twisted:

Seriously thinking of making this move.... ideally I'd keep both but one can't just have to fun cars... in Auckland... Ponsonby in particular...

yakuza

Re: Would you let go of your JZX for a GT86?

Post by yakuza »

Dont do it man! You will regret it. I doubt that you would have more fun in a gt86 than a manual IR-V. Plus the gt86 isnt really powerful. It's a really good car though, but a IR-V is better IMO :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

if i had spare cash i'd probably say yeah go ahead and buy the GT86 so i can buy your i-rv heheheheh
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

I was going to buy one before and sell my 100 but after having one for a weekend and doing about 2500km I changed my mind. It's too small for my requirements and has absolutely no power when you want it to go.

It was more lust rather than love for me.

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

I wouldn't.
Look awesome, probably handle awesome but not my choice
Not for 2-3 times the price

Shiznt

Post by Shiznt »

I would in a heart beat, absolutley loved driving the GT86

They are completely different cars though.

The GT86 is a true drivers car meant to handle well, you have to drive it hard to make it go fast. It's a small sports car designed to perform.

The JZX100/110 are big sedans with awesome motors, that can be made to handle well and has good power out of the box. They are still practical cars, that can be used for daily use and have all the modern comforts.

Just my opinion after owning a AE86 and JZX100 and driving a GT86 very hard

im_oli

Post by im_oli »

NO!! I wouldn't even think of it, my JZX would never forgive me haha. Plus it would waste an 86 all day I reckon... with 4 people in it and some spare wheels in the boot hahaha.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

im_oli wrote:NO!! I wouldn't even think of it, my JZX would never forgive me haha. Plus it would waste an 86 all day I reckon... with 4 people in it and some spare wheels in the boot hahaha.
Hahaha, even a tourer S would beat it haha
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Playing devils advocate a bit here...

But factory new car warranty, economical, smaller therefore easier to park and better handling and braking...

Personally, I would prefer a Tourer V or iR-v over a GT86 (even TRD spec) any day as the comfort, power and practicality of the 4 door sedan appeal to me more. However different people want different things out of their cars, so only you can truely answer whether you would be happier with a lightweight performance handling coupe in the driveway or a comfortable, powerful, but more expensive to run/maintain car. Oh and the 86 is ruled out for me because I don't fit :(

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Thanks for the thought guys... I might lease one for a weekend (just like Phil) and see if it is really for me. I've always been a fan of sport sedans. Hence, my love for JZXs. Such good cars! Maybe i should just wait for a Mark X G Sport.. BOOM!

In the meantime, I'll hold on to my JZX110.. not a bad idea considering it's one of the last of the Japanese cast-iron straight six's..