JZS161 v300 safe boost

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

ping

JZS161 v300 safe boost

Post by ping »

Does anyone know whats the safe boost for 2jzgte vvti? Everything is in stock condition. Plz advise how many boost i can add on. Thanks

2jzChaser

Re: JZS161 v300 safe boost

Post by 2jzChaser »

pretty sure its 17-20psi for a JDM 2JZGTE
Mines running 15psi currently with no issues

ping

Post by ping »

Do u have any idea how to install the boost controller as 2jz is 2 ways twin turbo.
how many psi on your 1st turbo and 2nd turbo?

2jzChaser

Post by 2jzChaser »

Mines running turbos in parallel currently so i couldn't tell you sorry. As for installing a boost controller i think unless you install one on each turbo then your only going to increase boost for #2 turbo.

But take a look at this for a good location to install your controller:
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/tech-c ... z-gte.html

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

for stock twin turbo, fitting a normal bleed valve or boost controller in the recommended position only increases turbo2 boost pressure, so therefore you will have stock boost until 3800rpm, then suddenly fly into massive boost when turbo2 is opened

this might feel nice and fun but the pressure load on turbo 2 surging like that will probably kill the turbo nice and early. stock is what, 9psi turbo 1, 12psi turbo2 (or full twin mode) - say you put on a boost controller for 16psi, then you will get 9psi still up to 3800rpm then suddenly 16psi up from 4000 rpm which is a shock to the system. in straight line, feels fun, going round long corner and boost comes on on the motorway, youre probably spinning off into the tree

read this page, which tells you how NOT to boost the stock twin system, and then read the "even better way to boost low RPM" section which tells you where to install the boost tap for turbo1

i can confirm it works, i use a normal turboXS tap on turbo1 for 12psi now, HKS EVC3 on second turbo to 15psi, and the changeover is super smooth, and lowRPM responsiveness is insane, no lag, its like driving a small hatchback, very zippy, which is weird when in a 1600kg car

definitely recommend this mod to anyone with stock twin system as i feel the stock sequential system is actually amazingly good for daily driving fun