Sinco customs discounts

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

archon

Re: Sinco customs discounts

Post by archon »

Can someone confirm what he's actually quoted to do for $250 :?:
As I see it we have 3 statements in this thread from people who have talked to Sinco about it:
- Alex guesses it's similar to the Katsutadai works pipe
- Flawles has said the bottom flange will be factory 3"
- Flawles then said it will be like the HPI outlet pipe

To me these are dump pipes:

Whereas this is the HPI pipe and what I would call a turbo outlet pipe, turbo elbow pipe or whatever (and what it seems Sinco is going to make):

My thoughts are:
- If Sinco is remaking the cast elbow then it's not very similar to the Katsutadai dump pipe; which replaces the elbow, the triangle flange, the skinny 2.25" pipe and the nasty power choking catalytic converter.

- If it's going to be a factory fit then the bottom flange can't be 'factory 3"' because it won't work with the factory gasket setup, as well as introducing some turbulence when a 3" pipe flows into 2.25" factory pipe (it might be 2.5", it's a few months since I measured it all up).

- We may as well get him to either: a) make the next section as well so it becomes a 2 piece full dump pipe (picture below) - this means it can be 3" all the way down; it'll be a little easier to fit the elbow onto the turbo then bolt the next piece on; people who just want the elbow can just purchase that; those of you who like hugging trees can keep your catalytic converter - or b) make it as a one piece full dump pipe like the bottom pipe in the first picture (most likely cheaper than making the 2 piece?)

Last but not least, thanks to those organising with Sinco to get us some high quality go fast bits.

Alex

Post by Alex »

yeah you are correct, he is just making the first elbow leaving the cat in.
IF there is the demand we could get him to make the other piece as well?
what does everyone want? if he does the other piece he will just have to borrow jarreds car for a day.
assuming he still has his cat in :P

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

who the hell as cats in there cars these days
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

if it where me i would be opting 100% for a copy of the rasty pipe
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
4 a tempting shortcut

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

tripple post

but like i said it will be like this if anything
http://www.rhdjapan.com/hpi-outlet-pipe ... -gte-64170
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
4 a tempting shortcut

dom

Post by dom »

Im keen if its a direct factory replacement, not too keen on messing with rest of exhaust to fit.

archon

Post by archon »

FLAWLES wrote:if it where me i would be opting 100% for a copy of the rasty pipe
I'd opt for a copy of the Katsutadai Works pipe, it's a factory fit but eliminates the cat which would be perfect for both people with stock exhausts or fancy jap cat backs. Why combine your entire exhaust gas into anything less than 3" just 10cm after turbo? That's like a quarter pounder without the meat....completely pointless :lol:

I am keen on a full pipe down to the flange just after the cat, otherwise just the turbine outlet flange with collector, oxy sensor mount and ending in a 3" pipe so I can finish the rest off myself.

Unstable

Post by Unstable »

archon wrote:
FLAWLES wrote:if it where me i would be opting 100% for a copy of the rasty pipe
I'd opt for a copy of the Katsutadai Works pipe, it's a factory fit but eliminates the cat which would be perfect for both people with stock exhausts or fancy jap cat backs. Why combine your entire exhaust gas into anything less than 3" just 10cm after turbo? That's like a quarter pounder without the meat....completely pointless :lol:

I am keen on a full pipe down to the flange just after the cat, otherwise just the turbine outlet flange with collector, oxy sensor mount and ending in a 3" pipe so I can finish the rest off myself.
thats what i would be more keen for too!

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

You guys should get some Katsutudai dumps, they are pretty nice.

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

just found there web site
http://www.katsutadaiworks.com/home

they do look nice, very very nice

but what we will do it wait and see as to what mike @ sinco come back with and go from there, we can change as needed, as dont forget he hasnt done one of these yet so we are the test subjects
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
4 a tempting shortcut