What did you do to your x chassis today

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

ROBAPHENT

Re: What did you do to your x chassis today

Post by ROBAPHENT »

Removed rear subframe getting it ready for a clean up and put in new arms and so on
CISCOKIDS
The Gentlemen's Club
Midnight Rocker

archon

Post by archon »

shweatypox wrote:Im not sure on the tyres yet, Ill take them down to a mate and start mucking around with sizes, I was gonna start with a 225/35 on front and a 245/? on the back. I just hope I can make them fit or I gotta sell them off and try again :(

Sounds like fun.... I forgot to say my rims are +30, your rears will be approx 30mm further than mine, although the centre of the tyre will only be 10mm further out, so with a rolled rear guard I think a 235/35/19 will go, 245/35 maybe? You could go lower profile but probably have to go to a 255/30.

225/35 or 215/35 are probably the only real options for the front. Maybe squeeze a 235 on there but your relative stretches might look weird depending on what you get on the rear.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

yeah Im hoping for at least 225s on the front and something that will fit under the rear guard :)

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

shweatypox wrote:yeah Im hoping for at least 225s on the front and something that will fit under the rear guard :)
How low are you running?
It will fit no probs, might need a slight guard roll all round to be on the safe side, I would run a 225/35 front and 235/35 rear.
Ive ended up running a 215/35 on the front now because i was ripping up guards but it sits pretty low

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

How low? not sure, will see what I like. I put one of the rears on today to measure what I need to do. This is with a 245/35 19. I was hoping I could make these fit as I have 4 brand new tyres :D. I'm going in to the P Beaters on Monday to get the guards massaged out as far as I can. But it looks like Ill have to go with a 235/35. Ill also put the adjusties back on. Eh well, see what happens :D

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

What offsets are you running? I'm looking at running a 10" rear with +20 may look at going +35 (only other offset available with that size for the set wheel) on the rear and by my calculations should be able to run a 265 without too much hassle just a roll on the +35 and a 245 on the +20

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

9.5 +20 rear and 8 +20 front, but it really doesn't look like I can make the rears fit :(
Tom runs 10" +18 rears and seems to have got them on
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=292

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

A good rear roll of the guards without a pull should help a bit though. Hopefully you can get them on bro

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

shweatypox wrote:But it looks like Ill have to go with a 235/35. Ill also put the adjusties back on. Eh well, see what happens :D
I reckon with around -2deg camber those will fit nicely with rolled guards
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Once you lower the car it will come in alot, roll the guards and it will fit.
Most aftermarket wheels will look monster truck when the car is at stock height. You may have to trim up the rear bumper mounts and get in there with a hammer to get some clearance if you run super low