Selling My JZX100 For Something Else

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

phys

Re: Selling My JZX100 For Something Else

Post by phys »

Alex wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYl5ccKe ... ture=share
for those "poos auto fans.." haha
bot, adam, you will struggle as you know to buy something in its class for the same or less money..
so i reckon.. either get another car to take to trackdays for a thrash around, or just use the chaser
and buy a corolla or something to daily.. :)
hehe yeah point taken but remember I have an auto and love it, but I would say without a trans cooler and some mods even a standard 1J flat out round hampton within a several laps could turn poohs pretty fast, but a new auto is cheap as :!: there is a reason they use manual cars for racing and it's not cos it's cooler.
I myself am looking forward to trying my non turbo out with a LSD on track just to see what its like. I am sure as shit it wont be as good as a manual for feel and accuracy etc but you race what you got is all good with me.

Wonder how they got these to go round corners so well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDqJ-ypWD9I

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

those jtcc x100s have trd 3sge's mounted way back in the fire wall are are basicly a tube frame car the front end is anyhow
so sad they didnt use the 1jzge or 1jzgtes but i spose they had there reasons

massive thread hi jack sorry adam

autos are all good for track racing it sounds werid but its true, the only thing you cant do is toe heal on the down shift and blip the throttle, can how ever left foot brake oh so well, the only thing you have to be mindfull of is the down shift as most torque converters hate you for doing so.........they turn to mush agfter awhile... the jza80 autos for some strange reason are really suited to this type of thing

you can up the line pressure in the valve block and a cooler is a grand idea, the more heat you can pull away from the radiator the beater

yes dom i want a r154 leave me alone :lol:
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

dom

Post by dom »

FLAWLES wrote:yes dom i want a r154 leave me alone :lol:
haha stop making excuses then. be a man.

nite b

Post by nite b »

Sell it, buy a cheap converted 90 or something for 7-8k that you can hate on. You will have way more fun & not destroy an original tourer & prob have 8-9k in the bank still! And you still didnt have to resort to a Nissan:)
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ

dom

Post by dom »

nite b wrote:Sell it, buy a cheap converted 90 or something for 7-8k that you can hate on. You will have way more fun & not destroy an original tourer & prob have 8-9k in the bank still! And you still didnt have to resort to a Nissan:)

Jayzedex100

Post by Jayzedex100 »

nite b wrote:Sell it, buy a cheap converted 90 or something for 7-8k that you can hate on. You will have way more fun & not destroy an original tourer & prob have 8-9k in the bank still! And you still didnt have to resort to a Nissan:)
Yea, I like the sound of that. I don't want to steer away from 1J's, I love them too much.

I'd also consider a junky old 81, with 1J and R box swap, with minor mods. I just want to have fun without the worry.

crux

Post by crux »

Yo Adam,

You know how I'd feel about this LOL, considering I have both a Chaser and a S14 Silvia...

After lots of hard work and money spent on my Chaser, it's not the greatest car to have as a thrasher. Nothing's cheap and I'm sure you already know that :)

I'd recommend a 90 chassis over a 81 though, and I'll probably still build another race car at some stage that isn't the Chaser... something still a Toyota though! I'll just keep the Chaser as a fun car!
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Jayzedex100

Post by Jayzedex100 »

As you know Sean, it's your S14 I have my eye on.

I don't think finding a suitable 90, or even an 81 would be easy. Also, selling my 100 for what I want for it (and for what I think they're worth) probably won't be easy either. There have been some nice 100's on trademe, that've taken ages to sell, and have been sold too cheap in my opinion, making potential buyers have high hopes on getting them cheap.

I could just import a 90 from Japan, that's already modded nicely, and just use it as a track car, but that seems a bit excessive for my budget.