Interior space in JZX110?

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

Looonie

Interior space in JZX110?

Post by Looonie »

Can those who have them please comment on the leg and headroom in these cars?

I've found my JZX91 to be "adequate" but would have preferred more legroom, and a smidgen more headroom. The JZX100 I've driven was the same (albeit worse for headroom due to sunroof)... I'm hoping they might have improved things a little with the JZX110?

JZS147 Aristo and UCF10 Celsior seem to be pretty good for leg/headroom... although it seems to depend on leather model or not (strange, I know) as mates JZS147 with cloth seemed about as "spacious" as my old JZX91, but the turbo leather one I drove was bloody awesome as I could actually put my knees together under the steering wheel! And fit my hand between my head and the roof lining!!!

shweatypox

Re: Interior space in JZX110?

Post by shweatypox »

Im a smidge under 6ft and have the seat nearly all the way back when I drive. I have plenty of leg room. I can put my fist on my head and just touch the roof (if that makes sense :) ) If I leave the seat in that position and sit behind it I got room to sit pretty straight, not enough room to slouch down unless you spread legs. Does that help? :)

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

147 aristo is massive inside. its like sitting in business class - the dash is so far away you feel disconnected from the car. when i sat in it this was the first thing that struck me - you feel totally detached from the car

the 100 felt like a drivers car. felt like you were in the right place to CONTROL the car, rather than just be along for the (probably very smooth and quiet) ride... but this means no space. its damn snug. esp when ur fat like me.

i cant see the 110 being much bigger... youre a big guy dave, id say the 90 is still bigger than the 110, theres alot more interior nonsense going on in the newer cars that eats space. stupid electric this and airbag that.

id be surprised if anything beats the 147 - other than a 161. rear knee room in a 161 is totally ridiculous, so moving the front seat back into that space would probably yeild perfect space for you.

i think youd suit a 161 over a 110 ;p

remember when i picked u up one time in my 71 on the way to puke for some drift event - you didnt really have space in that either... and we ended up dragging exhaust on the road... god damm that was gangster :) give me back my fucking 71! lollol

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Hahah... yeah its pretty depressing how all this late model bullshit eats into interior space... AE86 has fantastic interior room for tall buggers like me :(

The internal debate will no doubt always be going on inside me between JZS161 and JZX110. I'd semi-decided on aiming for a JZS161 next, but the price versus age factor, combined with weight (thereby impacting on "peppiness" and fuel economy) sort of drove me more towards the JZX110, hence the question.

I've got a few JZX110's lined up in Auckers to go test drive next week, guess I should probably go check out a JZS161 too so I can accurately compare them.

I still don't understand why JZS147 turbo's are ridiculous money, like almost enough to buy a JZX110 :\

Oh and umm... for those who don't know me, I'm 6'7" and one fat muthafucka so kind of why I need a fair amount of interior space :D

Nige: Finish off the 100 and build another 71 on the side!! Then get your missus to build an 81 track spec and a 90 daily... and you will have the pimpest family garage on the planet!

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

actually this guys done such a job on all the mods other than LSD and axles that its hard to beat
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=376143868

id love to buy that, swap the motor and trans into my chaser, buy another 71 markII and put the chaser's motor/w box d setup into that together with all the other parts from that trademe project, and add a good diff, then id have a proper built markII which would have a wof reg and id get certified :D

then two 2j' turbs in the family! yes!

but yeah. more realistically i might skip all that shit and go to the top for the next car: Mark X.

hell yes

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

i was going to suggest a mark X

everyday im more and more tempted to get one.........then my garage would look amazing
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

I am 6 ft and have plenty of extra room in the 110. Have a non turbo one on my yard if you want to try one out. Was soo tempted to buy a Mark X instead of a 110 but no more 1jz :(

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Ok, so I went and drove a (broken) JZS161 today... OMG I love the car! It just feels so awesome sitting inside one, love the black leather and funky marble-esque coating on the accents. However I was quite disappointed at the leg room... the pedals feel a lot closer and the seat doesn't really go far enough back. Only just enough head room. Unfortunately the car was poked so when I put my foot down it just jumped straight into limp... nice surprise for the car yard when I got back with that.

Also sat in a 530i BMW, much better for space, seat goes nice and low and far back. Much roomier than the Aristo. However I doubt the performance will be there.

Didn't get a chance to get around to a dealer with a JZX110, hopefully tomorrow.

Looks like I may also have to consider *shudder* options such as Commodore and Falcon to get some space :\

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

go sit in a grx120/130 dude
i think you will be surprised

comadore and falcon come on man are you like 40yrs old and yell at people to get off your lawn?
no i do not beleave so
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

FLAWLES wrote: comadore and falcon come on man are you like 40yrs old and yell at people to get off your lawn?
no i do not beleave so
You'd be pretty close to the truth there ;)

Had a quick look on tardme last night, could only find one ugly boring stock GX120 thing... didn't even inspire me enough to go look at it.

Not to mention that I doubt a decent model with leather and kit is likely to be even remotely affordable for a schmuck like me :)