Why I gave up on NZPC a while ago...

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

lofreq

Re: Why I gave up on NZPC a while ago...

Post by lofreq »

shweatypox wrote:Geez Nige, I see LOFREQ in the mag again, way to support the scene
Huh... The latest issue? Really? I didn't know?

twojayzeejza

Post by twojayzeejza »

Alex wrote:no i am not gay, the point is not that i don't like girls in a magazine,
its that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with their "performance" car image
to the point where ill only buy it if they feature a car i love, which happens from time to time.

well theyr not scrapping the barrel because those cars are in the daily driver section where they only get a page and anyone can submit theyr car for it
Toyota Supra JZA80 1996 manual turbo

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Alex wrote:no i am not gay, the point is not that i don't like girls in a magazine,
Interesting, I have absolutely no problem with girls in a car magazine. Cars and chicks go together like bacon and eggs :mrgreen:
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

lofreq wrote:
shweatypox wrote:Geez Nige, I see LOFREQ in the mag again, way to support the scene
Huh... The latest issue? Really? I didn't know?
Haha, yeah bro, bottom page 95 :mrgreen:

Alex

Post by Alex »

twojayzeejza wrote:
its that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with their "performance" car image
to the point where ill only buy it if they feature a car i love, which happens from time to time.

well theyr not scrapping the barrel because those cars are in the daily driver section where they only get a page and anyone can submit theyr car for it
Ok so what's the point? Why would I want to pay money to read about a stock standard Suzuki swift that someone drives to work?
It doesn't relate to the mags theme.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Alex wrote:
twojayzeejza wrote:

Ok so what's the point? Why would I want to pay money to read about a stock standard Suzuki swift that someone drives to work?
It doesn't relate to the mags theme.
i think because those sections are not about modified cars, they are about the enthusiasts behind them.

who may or may not have modded cars.

the point is to broaden the scope of the mag to open it up to the target audience. if they dont do that the mag will die. NZ only has 4.7m people in it, its not sustainable unless you squeeze every last drop. you might be able to sustain a purely tech mag when you have a potential 100mil customers, but not here in nz. thats not just for the mag, thats everything. cost of milk, broadband, cellphone plans, everything. this is a small country trying to play the big country game - somethings gotta give.

if you dont allow for things like this, given the environment - nothing will flourish.

Alex

Post by Alex »

i miss the nzpc of old :)

Gator

Post by Gator »

I'm a fan of the latest stuff.

I love the new Shed Raid section
Also the daily driven bit I think makes people see cars that aren't to over the top and makes them think maybe I can have my car in there aswell

l SIC l

Post by l SIC l »

^ Yeah, that's what I was trying to say earlier :)
1995 Toyota Supra - Twin-turbo - 6-speed - Aerotop
No ABS. No Traction Control.