Anyone else sick of

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

Alex

Anyone else sick of

Post by Alex »

Work meister fakes everywhere?
on Everything... most with mexican fitment..
UGH

Unstable

Re: Anyone else sick of

Post by Unstable »

yes!!! almost to the point where I dislike my REAL meisters!

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Hell yes! Some fake wheels are alright, but these are just way too played out now! They look like shit too, compared to the real thing (something about them just looks wrong... is it the dish?)
I only roll genuine, TE37's on the Mirage and Rays Arthur Exchange on the Mark II... cause i'm a bawse :lol:
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

So does that include the Wolf wheels that look like Meisters but are also made by Work Wheels NZ?

Waz

Post by Waz »

Yes all fake/copied wheels are shit! doesn't mater if they even closely resemble the wheel that they are trying to copy.
Spend the money on the real deal. Fucken cheap cunts who copy other companies products deserve to be shot.
work style, tial type all that shit drives me nuts. I'm going to leave it there before I really get stuck in.

Sam

Post by Sam »

Waz wrote:Yes all fake/copied wheels are shit! doesn't mater if they even closely resemble the wheel that they are trying to copy.
Spend the money on the real deal. Fucken cheap cunts who copy other companies products deserve to be shot.
work style, tial type all that shit drives me nuts. I'm going to leave it there before I really get stuck in.

if you cant afford to do it right. then don't do it at all.

4SLIPZ

Post by 4SLIPZ »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 288930.htm

Someone shud buy those hahaha, fakes vs real doesnt bother me to much , huge price for the works are over the top IMO and definantely more than i can afford personally

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Jayzedex100

Post by Jayzedex100 »

I saw a set of those Meister/Wolf wheels on an RX8 yesterday. I thought it looked alright.

If those sorts of wheels weren't so ridiculously overpriced, then fake wheels wouldn't be as prominent as they are. I don't buy anything fake though, but maybe I should start, coz most of that top dollar shit is overrated and overpriced.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

The fact that they're expensive is the reason for their exclusivity. If they were cheap, everyone would own them. Genuine Meister S1's are lightweight forged 3pc wheels, not heavy cast 1pc wheels like the crappy knockoffs.

Yeah the Wolf ones are a bit better than the cheaper fakes. Can still tell they're not the real deal at a glance though, the non-stepped dish is an instant giveaway...

Waz wrote:Spend the money on the real deal. Fucken cheap cunts who copy other companies products deserve to be shot.
Couldn't agree more. By buying fake shit you're basically robbing the companies that put in the hard yards doing the R&D to bring us these awesome products. Why the hell should they continue wasting their time and money developing new stuff, if as soon as they put it out some assholes literally steal their design, put their own logo on it, and sell it off at half the price of the real deal. This is why so many of the Japanese companies are struggling (Trust/Greddy Japan is a good example, as well as ARC Japan who filed for bankruptcy at the beginning of this month).
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament