HELP! Parking in Auckland?

General discussion

Moderator: PowderJZX

Looonie

HELP! Parking in Auckland?

Post by Looonie »

Hey all,

Umm slightly short notice, but we're attending an event in Auckland CBD over the next 4 days and I need to figure out where we're going to park...

The difficulty we have is each day starts at ~9am and finishes ~11.30pm, so very long days and that (at least from my research so far) means paying an earlybird fee + a night parking fee, per day... thats going to be insanely expensive.

Does anybody have any suggestions for parking in Auckland city, as near to intersection of Wellesley St West and Albert Street as possible would be ideal.

Thankies muchly!

Tofu

Re: HELP! Parking in Auckland?

Post by Tofu »

hmm goodluck mate! i'd just park in remuera/edge of newmarket or grey lynn where the parkings free and just bus in. that would be the cheapest way.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

yeah for those hours its insane paying for parking. your best bet is driving in and parking in a free zone, then bussing to your final destination. either drive to the last stop along tamaki drive (just along orakei) and parking along there (free all day) and take one stage in to britomart, and a $0.50 bus up queen st, OR drive in and park up along back streets at the start of great north rd/ponsonby rd intersection (again, lots of all day free parks) and then get a $0.50 bus back down into where you need to go.

if any of those sound doable, let me know and i can mark on a map exactly where im talking about parking, i used to do it all day every day for work cus i refuse to pay for parking ;p

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Cheers Nige, sounds like we might try to score a park around intersection of Ponsonby and Gt North/K Road and catch a bus down. Hopefully the busses run fairly regularly through there, don't really want to be late. Dunno about our luck getting one back up at midnight though...

Stupid cities :(

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

Looonie wrote:Cheers Nige, sounds like we might try to score a park around intersection of Ponsonby and Gt North/K Road and catch a bus down. Hopefully the busses run fairly regularly through there, don't really want to be late. Dunno about our luck getting one back up at midnight though...

Stupid cities :(
I work in this area and parking is damn near impossible. Good luck.

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

There's a parking at alex evans.... coming from symonds street(uni
) head to alex evans street going uphill, turn right at alex evans st...

you'll see it on the left side just after you turn right.. parking is $7 for 12 hours..

worth it..

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&sourc ... 4&t=h&z=19
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."